IB or Pro v2 or Privadero on ProVari???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Before I begin, just want to give a big thanks to Baditude for all the help on ECF. Certainly opened my eyes on carto tank.

I have been on clearo and rebuildable for a while but I want to give carto a try. Can't allow myself to miss out on a good vaping gear. :D
So, this is what I wanted.
To give carto tank the best fighting chance against my drippers, I will use my ProVari Mini. Aesthetic is a big factor for me and I want a tank that goes well with my Silver ProVari Mini. Although the heavy lifting is done by the cartomizers, selection looks to be pretty straight forward. Going to try both Boge and SmokTech. Nothing fancy, 2omhz single coil @ standard length. Open to all type of tank (Glass, plastic, SS). If color option is available, awesome. If not, no big deal. Prefer top fill, but no fill hole is fine too.

After hours of looking up, these are final choices
IBtanked: Thanks to Badtitude and many others on ECF, this became the minimum starting point. :D
Pro V2: Fancy looking tank and love the matching look on ProVari.
Privadero: Most expensive but looks pretty sick.

All three have the option for ProVari beauty ring. Also SS finish should go nice with silver ProVari.

Any suggestion and comments, please!!!

Thank you!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I strongly prefer glass tanks. Not only does glass look better IMO, but it can be used without any worry about certain flavors cracking or melting plastic tubes (Pro V2, Privadero - one would think for such expensive tanks they'd use glass over plastic). Those tanks won't look very pretty if the plastic tubes become etched from a tank-cracking juice.

I purchased the original Pro V tank back when I got my first Provari. It's an ok tank (ducks the rotten tomatoes thrown my way by the Vaperfexion fans); however I haven't used it in months. To many, this and the Privadero look very nice on a Provari. My taste differs. I prefer the low profile caps of the IBTanked. I like to see the glass and the juice more than metal. Just my :2c:

For the price you pay for a Pro V2 or Privadero, you can get three IBTanked. Does that mean those two are better or more attractive? Only you can answer that.

ProV.jpg IBTankedXL22.jpg ibt.jpg IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg

Last edited:

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
I love my ibtanked 22 with their pro ring. Looks stellar the carto never slides. Also look into innovapes m1 protank. Built in ring very good looking tank.

Curious as to how well that pro ring from IBT works. I'd like to get one for my provari to use with my IBTanks. Does it tighten the draw at all though?

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
IBTanked. However, know that the ss endcaps are shinier that the satin silver ProVari. I also have the IBtanked rings. They look nicer than some others that I have. There are airholes in them for airflow. However, I am still undecided on whether or not I like them. For me, they are fussy as far as tightening down your tanks without cutting off the airflow.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IBTanked. However, know that the ss endcaps are shinier that the satin silver ProVari. I also have the IBtanked rings. They look nicer than some others that I have. There are airholes in them for airflow. However, I am still undecided on whether or not I like them. For me, they are fussy as far as tightening down your tanks without cutting off the airflow.

I noticed this today with an IBTanked on a Provari. I had used the IBTanked pro ring before without an issue, but today the airflow was blocked. I was at work and didn't have time to trouble shoot the issue, but I'm not going to comment further until I'm finished trouble shooting.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I noticed this today with an IBTanked on a Provari. I had used the IBTanked pro ring before without an issue, but today the airflow was blocked. I was at work and didn't have time to trouble shoot the issue, but I'm not going to comment further until I'm finished trouble shooting.

There is a whole conversation about this between me and OCD on the IBTanked forum.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ibtanked/497198-ibtpro-22-a-7.html

I had the issue resolved, but something I still have the same issue when I don't pay attention to how I am placing the tank on my ProVari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread