i wont be able to vape. where do i get my nicotine from???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
i have allready been experiencing severe nicotine withdrawal symptoms (i spoke about that here ).
Long story short, my 12mg prefilled cartos were not strong enough, so i ordered some 24mg liquid to refill them and (hopefully) end the cravings.

Well, i just checked my order status, and due to some problems, it just shipped today (it should have shipped yesterday), wich means that maybe, if im lucky, i will have it here tomorrow (most likely the day after tomorrow).
And i am staring down at my last non empty carto.

Now, i know what youre thinking, "man, whats the big deal, just go and get a disposable e-cig at a convenicence store and use that till your juice arrives"

Well, if i lived in pretty much any other country, thats exactly what i would do, but i live in Mexico, and here, the corrupt, idiotic, incompetent, burocratic, .......s we call "our goverment", have banned e-cigs in the country. So they are nowhere to be found except online. :mad:

In short, i will not have access to e-juice or prefilled cartos for my e-cig for at least 24 hours, and i only have 1 1/2 cartos left.

What do i do?

Should i get some nicotine gum?, a nic patch? maybe try to get an inhaler?
ibe been free of stinkers for over 30 days thanks to my e-cig (20yr 2pad smoker), and i cant bare the tought of having to go buy some marlboros in a few hours.

Any opinions & sugestions urgently needed, and appreciated.

Edit:
Man, i am so .......* MAD at this ....... country and that bowl of rotten rat excrement we call goverment right now... i feel i could smash those corrupted imbeciles

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Man, i am so .......* MAD at this ....... country and that bowl of rotten rat excrement we call goverment right now... i feel i could smash those corrupted imbeciles

I feel like that all the time about my government...

My suggestion, grab a pack of cigarettes. A few will not do that much more damage than you've already done. Maybe some smokeless tobacco? A pinch or a wad of tobacco is less harmful than inhaling burning tobacco.

Kamin_Majere

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Enterprise, Alabama
I feel your pain man. I brought enough fluid to work this time for the 3 weeks i was supposed to work... but now i'm stuck out here for 4 weeks (in the middle of the ocean) so about 1-2 days after week 3 ends i'll be completely out of fluid. :(

I have about 5 packs of analogs left over, and push comes to shove i'll be smoking them. I'm not going to like it, but its better than withdrawals and wanting to murder my coworkers lol

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
I have decided i will avoid stinkers at all costs. After all, thats what i set out to do when i started vaping, and i promised myself i was DONE with smoking.
i even named my promise "Operation End of Days" xD

I also want to avoid all tobbaco products if possible, so im wondering about gum or patches.

Anyone has any experience with those? i used them many years ago, needless to say they dint keep me of the stinkers for long. But this time i only need something to supply me with nic for 24/48hr till my juice arrives.

With this in mind, my list of options of what ill be getting in a couple of hours is this (more to less prefeered):
1.- nicotine gum or patches (wich do you recomend?)
2.- snus or snuff (i doubt i can find snuff here)
3.- chewing tobbaco (skoal, etc)
4.- Valium??? (j/k)

anyone with recent experience with patches and gum? wich do you think works better?

If you are really set on quitting smoking, you are better off trying to tough it out for the day without the nicotine.

Gum or patches aren't going to fill your smoking cravings the way that vaping does. It is just an unnecessary expense.

Your dilemma just highlights the fact that, like a lot of vapers, you are still addicted to the nicotine, whether or not you don't smoke the analogs.

One day of smoking cigs isn't going to hurt - in fact, it might help you in the long run. You aren't going to enjoy it the way you used to, vaping has already altered your taste. It would be better if this happened a couple months into it, but you might still experience the taste change.

Honestly man, just try to go without. It is one day. It won't be the end of the world.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
If you are really set on quitting smoking, you are better off trying to tough it out for the day without the nicotine.

Gum or patches aren't going to fill your smoking cravings the way that vaping does. It is just an unnecessary expense.

Your dilemma just highlights the fact that, like a lot of vapers, you are still addicted to the nicotine, whether or not you don't smoke the analogs.

One day of smoking cigs isn't going to hurt - in fact, it might help you in the long run. You aren't going to enjoy it the way you used to, vaping has already altered your taste. It would be better if this happened a couple months into it, but you might still experience the taste change.

Honestly man, just try to go without. It is one day. It won't be the end of the world.
If i had been "OK" (without the craves) for the last days, i would do exactly that. Just tough it out. But ibe had the cravings (due to low nic cartos) for over a week now, and knowing myself, im near my breaking point.

Am i still adicted to nicotine? of course i am!
my initial goal when i started vaping was not to give up nicotine, but to give up smoking.

I agree that 1 day of stinkers wont hurt (hell, i smoked >2PADs for 20 years!), the thing is i promised myself that this was not another "attempt" at quitting smoking. I promised myself that that day was infact the day i effectively quitted smoking.
And i plan to keep that promise.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Should i get some nicotine gum?, a nic patch? maybe try to get an inhaler?
ibe been free of stinkers for over 30 days thanks to my e-cig (20yr 2pad smoker), and i cant bare the tought of having to go buy some marlboros in a few hours.

Any opinions & sugestions urgently needed, and appreciated.

I would get some gum on hand, and ration that last carto as much as possible. Anything like gum, etc is better than smoking, and being that you're 30 days in, I understand the need to tough it out until your shipment arrives. Can you buy Swedish Snus? It's exponentially safer than snuff, etc.

Sorry about your situation. Nic fits are no fun.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Oh man, I wish you the best and lot's of good ideas on what you can do in a pinch. Now's probably a good time to think about getting extra cartos and more juice, or you can diy with snus in a pinch down the road if you can get it and some pg and/or vg.

I know that even if times get rough my worst juice (I save everything....note the word hoarder does not apply...lol) would be preferable to none. Planning sucks because you don't know how much you need, I swear sometimes I go through more now than when I started, but I also know that supplies aren't easily had locally.

Stay strong, plan on back ups and back ups to your back ups ~ good luck!

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Not sure how many used cartos you have lying around but they all have a few drops of liquid absorbed into the filler material. This liquid can be easily extracted by removing the filler material, put it in a syringe and using the plunger to squeeze the few drops into your bottle. If this doesn't work out go with the snus.

Jay Dee

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Orange Park FL
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread