I (we) won an award!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Dear all,

I'm delighted to report that last Thursday I was awarded the Roll of Honour award for my advocacy role in vaping over the last decade. The award was presented to me at the Global Forum on Nicotine, held in Warsaw, Poland.

The award was given for my role in founding ECF (and in helping form the first vaping advocacy groups); for co-founding the E-Cigarette Summit in London, and for the various things I've done behind-the-scenes over the years, including participating in UK govt's tobacco-control round-table.

This award was newly added this year. INNCO usually give out two awards - one to a professional, typically academic, and one for a consumer advocate.

This new award is more "honorary". It's awarded to someone who has contributed in some other way, and not specifically over the previous year. It is particularly meaningful to me since INNCO represents the wider body of nicotine consumer organisations globally.

In my acceptance speech I made special note that in awarding me this, they were also awarding the membership of ECF - a membership which is profoundly responsible for much of the innovation in vaping both in product terms and in the formation of the global vaping community. Thousands of people over many years have contributed their knowledge and driven forward one of the most important technologies of our times.

So, thanks to you all and long may it continue - we still have great battles ahead of us and many minds to change.....

Oliver
Oliver_award.jpg

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Congratulations Oliver. I don't get on here as much as I'd like to, and contribute less, but I'm so glad this forum is here, and that I found it within a week of starting to vape.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    :banana: :thumbs: :banana: That's Terrific! :banana: :thumbs: :banana:
    The ECF has played a huge part in my vaping journey. I've learned so much from the members here, about anything and everything vaping related. I hope it's still here for years to come, to be of help to many more worldwide! Congratulations for receiving some much-deserved acknowledgement of your efforts on behalf of vaping.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Congratulations Oliver!!! You very much deserve that award. Both of my parents passed away with COPD and now my oldest brother who still smokes has it. ECF and it's members have literally added years to my life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread