I want to vape HALO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skauth

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Austin, Texas
So my first quality ecigarette experience has been with Halo, and I'm loving it so far.

Only one problem - I am definitely PG sensitive! I have confirmed this through trial and error, and it seems like anything over 60 percent PG is really rough on my throat. As we all know, Halo's eliquid is non customizable (I know full well why and am not complaining) and PG heavy, so for me it is some of the highest quality eliquid I've tried but very uncomfortable to vape.

I really like Halo juices, the flavors are peerless! Is there anything I can do? Perhaps buy some VG and dilute? I can't imagine the flavor would be the same.

Or am I just out of luck?

Shufflefield

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
Guess I'm out of luck!

I have been vaping Halo since I started in late April. I heard about PG sensitivity and am damn glad I haven't experienced it. I feel for yah, that really sucks.

I suspect that buying some VG to cut it would work though, but it may kill the flavor significantly, and depending on your sensitivity may not cut it quite enough. I would post the question on how to "cut" a e-liquid with additional VG in the General e-liquid discussion forum. Some of the DIY guys are bound to be able to help. I have no experience with such shenanigan's myself. I like it simple. :D

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Sorry to hear this. I suspect the same of my GF but we are just starting trial and error so not sure. I'm not and the other suggestion to ask in the other forum is great one.

Just to make sure: Are you drinking water/hydration after vaping? I think their is an over the counter solution for dry throat but can't remember the name. I sometimes use carmel candy or orange crush from another vendor with my Halo love juice to please my vaping taste. Just 3 or 4 drops in a tank, shake rattle and roll. These are just thoughts off the top of my head but I hope you find a workaround. Good luck. :)

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
I don't know if this would apply to you, but when I started vaping dominant pg was the rule rather than the exception. Halo(which has always been my favorite) made me cough alot. I tried lower pg liquids but could not find a flavor I liked. And I tried DIY, but not much. With time, the only time I notice the irritation is after I have drunk something really cold. I think my body adjusted to the pg. Also, I don't know when tou quit smoking, but it does take months to get over the effects of smoking and I think pg is particularly harsh at that point.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
PG really has a more powerful effect on mouth/throat dryness, and many who assume that they have a PG reaction, really are just sensitive to this dehydration effect. Many who vape find that this lessens over time. When I started vaping, it was with blu which uses all-vg ejuice, and when I switched to a high PG based ejuice I initially found it a bit harsh. For me at least, that quickly subsided and now I prefer a fairly high PG to VG ratio. True PG reactions, while certainly legitimate, are fairly low in number.

Skauth

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Austin, Texas
Pete,

That's really a pretty good point. I certainly have found juices with higher VG content to be a lot less 'harsh', but I suppose that doesn't necessarily indicate that I can't tolerate PG... The thing is, I try really hard to stay hydrated, both in conjunction with vaping and just all the time. Try to live healthily and all. But, the problem persists.

But you're also saying it could just be something I have to acclimate to? There was another post that suggested something similar. I admit that I tend to stop vaping a juice giving me this problem, so I wouldn't be building any 'tolerance'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread