I want to know how to take this tank apart.

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
I tried posting this earlier but it didn't appear in the list. So I've repeated it.

Can anyone tell me how to take this thing apart for general maintenance, such as cleaning and replacing the glass?

It is the Vapouresso Armour Max tank that came in the kit.

IMG_20240403_163024706.jpg

I can't find anything in the included manual, other than how to replace the coil and remove the cosmetic/ glass protector sleeve.

I've owned tanks before, but this one has me stumped. I can't tell what parts are removable, or whether they are meant to unscrew or pull apart.

I'm afraid I may break the glass or put stress on something if I apply pressure to the wrong area.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Removing the glass the first time can be a bear. I usually just use anything like a slim screwdriver that will slide into the chimney to push the glass off the orings. Then just run under hot water, splash some alcohol on the parts, dry and reassemble. I do "deep" clean with dawn and a soft toothbrush every few times. I haven't used my sonic cleaner for several years.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
Removing the glass the first time can be a bear. I usually just use anything like a slim screwdriver that will slide into the chimney to push the glass off the orings. Then just run under hot water, splash some alcohol on the parts, dry and reassemble. I do "deep" clean with dawn and a soft toothbrush every few times. I haven't used my sonic cleaner for several years.
Sometimes disassembly can be a bugger. Warming in my hand has helped many times.

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
I suppose I need to make it clear - I need info on THIS particular tank. On exactly how it's designed to disassemble. I've taken loads of atomisers apart, but I know how they are meant to go. So if something is a little stiff, at least I know it's meant to unscrew, or pull off. The Armour Max is totally unfamiliar to me, so I need an actual parts breakdown and instructions that are specific to this exact model.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
I suppose I need to make it clear - I need info on THIS particular tank. On exactly how it's designed to disassemble. I've taken loads of atomisers apart, but I know how they are meant to go. So if something is a little stiff, at least I know it's meant to unscrew, or pull off. The Armour Max is totally unfamiliar to me, so I need an actual parts breakdown and instructions that are specific to this exact model.

Firstly, it is always nice to know the EXACT tank one is working with. :greengrin:

According to Vaporesso the tank included with the Armour Max Kit = the iTank 2.

disassembly diagram from the page I linked..........

12.png

that ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ looks pretty straightforward to me

Secondly, there are several videos on YouTube that go over disassembling the iTank 2.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Most Tanks/RTA's are basically the Same when it come to removing the Glass. Check out the Vid below for the "Try 'n Pry" method.

Note: If the Glass has Never been Removed and you Rush things, there is a Good Chance that you are going to Crack the Glass. So if you Don't have replacement glass be Fore Warned.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Most Tanks/RTA's are basically the Same when it come to removing the Glass. Check out the Vid below for the "Try 'n Pry" method.

Note: If the Glass has Never been Removed and you Rush things, there is a Good Chance that you are going to Crack the Glass. So if you Don't have replacement glass be Fore Warned.

LOL, I was just about to post the same video. :thumbs:

Reactions: zoiDman

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
My apologies to the couple of chaps who I was replying to. Whom I thought were giving generic advice. I took the ideas given, (the hot water, a little nudge with a mini screwdriver) and it did indeed come apart smoothly. Now it seems to go together and come apart again much smoother than it did, whilst retaining it's snug fit.
When I got the actual glass off, I was amazed to find that there was ANOTHER piece of glass (or so I thought) surrounding the chimney. Which turned out to be plexiglass...

IMG_20240404_171805509.jpg

Which made me go: "WTAF!!!???"...

Then it dawned on me...
I'd seen several reviewers complain that the iTank simply wouldn't hold more than a few ml. Obviously due to some stupid TPD law. They spoke of a 'TPD version'. And someone was wobbling on about 'bubble glass upgrades'. Now I realise what this is: It must be some kind of restrictive measure they put in to get around the TPD. If present, this extra layer of plexiglass prevents you filling the tank to any useful capacity - and makes doing so difficult, frustrating, and potentially very messy.

I had bought this kit for the mod only. It was actually a panic buy from a local B&M because my one and only mod had packed up. I wasn't interested in the tank. It was destined to end up in the bottom of a toolbox, where it would get forgotten about. Until I discovered this.

What's interesting is that the supplied paper instruction manual says absolutely NOTHING about disassembly or cleaning. Usually one is advised to give it a good wash to remove any manufacturer's residues. It literally tells you to open the bottom, stick the coil in, flip the top, juice up and vape. I'm not used to that.

Althought I haven't measured it, I assume this thing holds about 10ml of juice. I've never tried a mesh coil before, and was quite astounded at the performance, and flavour!

Thanks to anyone who bothered to read this. What I initially thought was going to be just another superflous piece of junk is actually going to get used - and enjoyed!

• Informative
Reactions: zoiDman

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Oh sh|t. As I was writing that, I've suddenly got a 'no-atomiser'/ 'short' message on the mod.

View attachment 1010862

Oh well, it was good for five minutes...

And this is why I never touched these sorts of tanks... I always know where I am with a rebuildable.
:mad:
Probably just pushed the 510 pin up a tad whilst cleaning, just pull it out a bit and see if it connects OR you over tightened the tank on the mod. If that's the case back off a quarter turn while on mod.

Dan_V

Mar 14, 2024
Probably just pushed the 510 pin up a tad whilst cleaning, just pull it out a bit and see if it connects OR you over tightened the tank on the mod. If that's the case back off a quarter turn while on mod.
There's something wrong with the mesh cartridge. Other cartridges aren't a problem. I've posted about it in the Vaporesso forum. You can go here to read it in more detail...

Users who are viewing this thread