I started smoking analogs again today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
I have a tongue problem, it seems since i started e-smoking i've contracted thrush? It's where you get a film on your tongue, i think it's a bacterial infection in nature. I wouldn't be all that worried about it but i noticed at the back of my tongue, close to my tonsils, there are some big blisters that i'm worried about. They look pretty scary and different from the light irritation/buildup on the rest of my tongue.

I'm going to see a dentist on tuesday and i'll let everyone know how it goes. Until then i am back to smoking analogs, i think, because i want to see if stopping e-smoking will make it go away. If it does go away in the absence of e-smoking, i will try switching to VG based liquid first, and then quit altogether. Honestly this is pretty scary, if it turned out to be something serious like oral cancer i couldn't directly tie it to e-smoking, as i have been a tobacco and cannabis smoker for several years. Just something to think about, anyone else have symptoms like this?

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Zach - I'm really sorry to hear this. It's good that you're seeing your dentist - perhaps a trip to your doctor might be wise as well? Fingers crossed that everything will be fine.

Well, it depends on what the dentist says about the sores near the back of my tongue. If the dentist thinks this is a serious problem i'll end up at the doctor, if it's just aggravated thrush then i'm pretty sure he can prescribe whatever is necessary for me himself.

I'll check out the yeast infection thread...

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Hmm The only time I have see thrush is from taking anibiotics. A friend on mines little girl was really sick and they didnt know why and they keep giving her different anitbiotics then she go thrush from that. Come to find out she had Krones diasese are the very young age of 6. Krones is almost unheard of in people that young

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Thrush can be brought on by other things as well.

If you are using cortisteroids, such as prednisone, or an cortisal inhaler for asthma.

Also if you are taking large does antibotics that will also bring on thrush.

You doc with probably give you one small pill (filled at the pharmacy). Its an antifungal drug that will work pretty fast. I have only been vaping for a few weeks but have not noticed anything. I think you can eat yogurt to get some of the good bacteria that your body needs.

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
I'm not on any cortiseroids, i don't take any medications, and i haven't taken antibiotics in a few years. I make it a point to not go and get prescribed anti-biotics when i don't need them because i think it's good for my immune system to do without them unless i absolutely must have them.
All good tips though, i will pick up some of that activia yogurt, thanks for the help everyone, i will definitely update on tuesday.

Exylis

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
Null
I'm not on any cortiseroids, i don't take any medications, and i haven't taken antibiotics in a few years. I make it a point to not go and get prescribed anti-biotics when i don't need them because i think it's good for my immune system to do without them unless i absolutely must have them.
All good tips though, i will pick up some of that activia yogurt, thanks for the help everyone, i will definitely update on tuesday.

Yeah, man. I'm concerned about ya though I don't know you at all. PM me or reply to this post to let us all know how it goes with your thrush.

Actually not bacterial but fungal (I know gross to think about but that's what it is.)

PG has an antibacterial effect if I recall. How much are you vaping and what strength?

The yogurt should help. Also, try to drink plenty of water. Not something with a lot of sugar because sugar will just feed the yeast (that's what causes the thrush, you see).

Old hat with the thrush. My asthma inhalers used to do that to me when I drank Sodas with sugar. The advice my doc gave me was drink water after using the inhalers and cut back on the sugar. Hasn't been an issue since I switched to sugar-free and I keep my mouth rinsed.

chokmah

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Austin Texas
M husband who got it from radiation treatments for his cancer recently was prescribed Triple mix with Nistatin.. It tastes horrible but it clears it up fairly quick. He got it because his immune system was shot due to the chemo he was going through at the same time..

Now some only need the triple mix which doesnt taste as bad.

Good luck.

Ps. my husnbad didnt need antibiotics and it took about 3 days to clear it up.

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
I hope everything clears up soon for you.

FWIW, my mother recently had to use an asthma inhaler for the first time in her life. She too developed soars in her mouth and had a terrible sore throat. The doctor told her to rinse her mouth after each treatment. He also told her it was a common side effect of the glycerol used in the inhaler.

Keep us posted!

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Hmm, it turns out i don't have thrush and that nothing is wrong with me, but during the appointment he also noticed a wisdom tooth and now i have to go back next thursday.
It turns out the bumps i saw were always there and always will be. I forget what they are called but they're part of our immune system, he said they looked "A little irritated but nothing serious".
Probably from smoking analogs. I appreciate the concern, everyone. I'm fine.

After reading all about how everybody that started vaping tried an analog and thought it was disgusting, I decided to buy a pack. I got my e-cig (a Vapor King from Vapor4Life) last Thursday, and until today hadn't had an analog until today. I had been slightly craving one for the last 2 days, but it didn't hold a candle to how severe my cravings were when I had NO nicotine.

I did not find my Camel Lights disgusting; they tasted just like good ole Camel Lights should taste like. However, after smoking three analogs, my nasty productive smokers cough returned and I was hacking up **** in no time. Honestly I prefer the feeling of analogs, but the e-cigarette is now my primary nicotine delivery system simply because it doesn't leave me coughing up phlegm every 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread