I smoked today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
OP I feel your pain, I too wanted to smoke a carton of cigs today. No my PV didn't go out on me, I had a good pv, left my juice at home and only had a tiny amount. Had a really heinous day, got fired from my job! I wanted a cigarette so bad but my angels on the "lurking" thread were there for me. They helped me out, kept me strong and I have to give them props. Without them today I would have just tossed it all and smoked till I couldn't smoke anymore. Hang in there, it get's better ;)

OK I feel like a wimp now. I have first world problems compared to this. Although at the time, I thought I'd just fried 2 mods

starr1349

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Alaska
So you smoked. And found out you didn't really like it anymore, which is a great thing, :).
I "fell off the wagon" so to speak in February. After a lot of beer and other alcoholic beverages, I ended up smoking my friends smokes. It made me really mad at myself the next day that I didn't have the control , but I learned a few things.
I learned if I am gonna hang out with chain smoking fiends, I need to have some stronger nic with me. I was really mad at myself for a while and then when it dawned on me that I didn't go buy a pack of smokes, it was a one time deal, I felt a lot better about it.
It sucks, but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.
Sounds like you have a plan on how not to let this happen again so I wish you the best of luck.!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
After being stinky free since 1/31/13, I smoked a cigarette today. It happened like this:

It was a dark and stormy night...

Just kidding, it was this afternoon - sunny and warm.

When I got back into vaping, I wanted the most hassle free setup I could find. Started with eGos, then went to Lambo, Lavatube, eVic, and Vamo. Multiples of some of those.

After a few months, I decided that there would just be a certain amount of fiddling that had to happen. I may have to carry spare batteries, juice, heads, whatever. So I resigned myself to this fact and have been toting around my backup kit, complete with q-tips in case I need to swab something.

Then I decided that the next logical step would be RBA's. Hey, I fiddle with other stuff, why not this?

So I get one and commence fiddling. Been rolling wick, wrapping coil, and failing miserably. Today is no exception. Hey, I'm OK with fiddling, remember?

I was using my eVic and Vamo to test the resistance on my RBA. Sometimes they wouldn't fire, sometimes they would.

Finally decided I would just load up the trusty VapeOnly BCC so I could get my vape on. Loaded it up, eVic said "no atomizer found"

Vamo read it as 9.9, would not fire.

Grabbed by backup mini LT, would not fire.

At this point I'm ready to start throwing stuff (keep in mind I'd been fiddling with the RBA all afternoon)

I just knew that I'd farked up the Vamo and eVic and they were permanently dead. No idea why the mini wouldn't fire

At this point, my wife calls. She can tell I'm geeked out. Told her what was going on (yelled actually - my poor wife)

I then decide that I'm not gonna be an ...... to my wife, so ran to the drug store and bought cigarettes and a lighter

And it sucked.

If I bought a juice that tasted like this, I'd throw it out. If my stuff hit this weak, I'd toss it.

So after smoking a few cigarettes, I sit down to figure out what's going on with my equipment.

Turns out it was the replacement head on the Vapeonly that was bad. Actually, it wasn't bad, I had tried to re-use it and it wasn't reading. Two of them.

So for the cost of a replacement head, I smoked. The really bad thing is I have about 10 of them brand new sitting here. I was just trying to be cheap and re-use them as much as possible.

After all this, I've decided that:

No more smoking
Quit buying crap and just go with what works
Sell off excess crap, buy more juice, heads, and batteries

Just as I was saying today, I sometimes don't know when to throw away heads. As long as they're going strong, I keep using them.
Sometimes when your equipment doesn't work can be frustrating. I keep 3 different kinds of clearos, because each has a way of vaping. Although I'd love to be able to have just one kind of clearo and one type of heads, not two clearos vape alike. So I try to keep 5 or 6 heads of each, it's not unusual to have a DOA head in a pack.

CanIVap3InHere

Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Long Island, NY, USA
Everyone has a slip up man keep on vaping and move forward. To me the trick with all this is to have a few mods cartos and juice so that at any time you can pick one up and vape it instead of having to figure something out first, nicotine deprivation gets us all cranky, especially when we are stressing out. Seems like you have a lot of stuff though, I am glad you figured out to use what works or at least have it available at any given time. You had me laughing when you said "If my juice tastes this bad or hit this weak I'd have thrown it out!" Vape on my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread