I received my Hel 016 and love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
After thoroughly reading about the different systems and recommendations from bsoplinger, Otis, and Dudeman I decided to go with the Hel 016 from Mad Vapes. It arrived yesterday. It was shaky at first. I had to do the full 8 hour charge, 20 mins. use and one more hour charging before it would work. But what scared me was the button wasn't functioning. It wasn't in proper position so I played with it for what seemed like hours, I got it in place and so far it's still working.

I also purchased some cartomizers so I was able to use my Luci battery I still had so I was able to vape as soon as I opened the package. I also ordered 0 nic banana, 24 mg triple zest, and 24 mg cuba. To my delight I received a free bottle of 24 mg honeydew which also tastes great.

I have to get use to the fact the flavors aren't as strong as I would prefer but otherwise the only minor disappointment if you want to call it that is I was hoping for more throat (what ever it's called; LOL). But I wouldn't mind more vapor either. I already ordered more flavors from Mad Vapes, and Tasty Vapors. I expect to receive my first order I placed with Tasty Vapors which is a mix I chose and a Pepsi flavored juice from another company (I'm a Pepsiholic) today.

When I placed my first order I ordered a 510 disposable kit with nuport juice for my son. He likes it enough to give it a try although the juice doesn't quite taste like Newports which he smokes. But I've ordered him some flavored juices as well. If he sticks with it and drops the analogs, I'll buy him a kit from Mad Vapes as well.

The cartomizers produces MUCH more vap than the Luci cartridges that only had a few weak flavors and extremely little vape. So I have that one to use as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that the button on the 016 doesn't go bad.

:vapor::vapor:

AB

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hi ab, yeah, the reduced flavor thing is kind of a trait of the 510 imo. That's why I prefer the 901 but I think that the helo16 has some real potential for becoming a real popular model. I think it really depends on the quality. Sounds like there may be a couple "issues" there from what you were saying about the button and charging. Keep us updated on how this thing holds up please. Really good charge life I hear. Better that a 14500 battery mod.
Cool, good luck and I hope the boy comes around too.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Hi ab, yeah, the reduced flavor thing is kind of a trait of the 510 imo. That's why I prefer the 901 but I think that the helo16 has some real potential for becoming a real popular model. I think it really depends on the quality. Sounds like there may be a couple "issues" there from what you were saying about the button and charging. Keep us updated on how this thing holds up please. Really good charge life I hear. Better that a 14500 battery mod.
Cool, good luck and I hope the boy comes around too.

I will. I'm already thinking about a CHUCK! LOL

Lioness

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
PA

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Love the Chuck. I ordered mine when there was over a month wait for them. The wait is less than 2 weeks now I believe. I ordered it with no finish so I could laminate it with a wooden veneer marquetry piece that I did. (I'm a woodworker) By the time I got it I was already making my own copper pipe mods that are pretty much the same thing but there's just somethin' about a Chuck. Ya can't go wrong with one, that's fer sher. I use mine at 6 volts with a high resistance atty (901 style) and it is pretty awesome.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Something about charging that was mentioned in another thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/92789-hellotech-016s-like-ego-but-1200mah-batt-7.html#post1423620
is that unplugging the charger at the wall and at the USB between charges seemed to resolve any further charging issues.

I received my 016 yesterday, too, and did the 8hr/20min/1hr charge thing. So far I'm very happy with it. Hopefully I will continue to be so for quite awhile.

Is that how you are instructed to charge those batts? Is that just a first charge thing or what?

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Yes, that's what the instructions say for a first charge. After that I believe it's 3.5 hours to fully charge.

Yeah I think it's 3.5 hrs. also for future charges. My problem came during the 20 min usage period and after the additional hour because I couldn't keep the button cover in place. It came out the box almost completely concealed. Only a small portion was visible so I had to work it into place. Seems to be staying in place so far. :)

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have been an ego user for a while so when I saw the helo16 model I wanted to try it out. I really enjoy my ego and it is my main travel vape, I use it with mega carts and attys.

I ordered my 016 yesterday so hopefully I will get it early next week, glad that I read about the battery charging procedure here, sometimes I skip instruction books LOL

I hope that the battery lives up to what I have read about, then I would feel safer about just carrying the unit and not an extra battery too.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
I have been an ego user for a while so when I saw the helo16 model I wanted to try it out. I really enjoy my ego and it is my main travel vape, I use it with mega carts and attys.

I ordered my 016 yesterday so hopefully I will get it early next week, glad that I read about the battery charging procedure here, sometimes I skip instruction books LOL

I hope that the battery lives up to what I have read about, then I would feel safer about just carrying the unit and not an extra battery too.

Col Sir...Would you be so kind as to post a pic of the 016 for us lady folk;)

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Col Sir...Would you be so kind as to post a pic of the 016 for us lady folk;)

Why certainly dear lady!

thumbnail.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread