I Received a reply from Senator Cochran of MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBiker

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
South Mississippi
Hi All,
I just thought you'd like to know I received a reply from Thad Cochran, US Senator for my area. I don't have a scanner so I had to type it in, any misspellings etc are mine, not the senators except for the word "assure" which should have been "assured" - they did that one themselves! And I obviously couldn't (and wouldn't) reproduce the signature, which appears to have been made by a stamp.

Letter as follows:

Dear Mr. Piercy:

Thank you for your recent correspondence supporting the Food and Drug Administration's approval of electronic cigarettes.

I understand your concern for the need of assistance in quitting smoking, as well as the impact electronic cigarettes have had on individuals attempting to quit. Should legislation regarding electronic cigarettes come before the Senate, please be assure I will keep your comments in mind.

Having the benefit of your views is important to me, and I appreciate your taking the time to write.

Sincerely

Thad Cochran
United States Senator

End of letter

I'm not really sure what to make of the first sentence, personally I would prefer the FDA to leave us alone. Highly doubtful that'll happen, but an encouraging letter none the less!

So, If you folks haven't written your respective legislators DO SO!! If nothing else I know someone in Senator Cochran's office saw what I wrote and replied. We are getting peoples attention, writing most certainly isn't a waste of time.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Absolutely agreed. An old fashioned, snail-mailed letter still has the most impact, and is a lot more effective support than signing any online petition.

That said, I think the petition is coming to have a value of its own as a compilation of anecdotal testimony. Anecdotal evidence is the weakest sort, scientifically, but it's not totally worthless. If nothing else, it may inspire someone to do some real studies to back up or refute the anecdotal testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread