I need silica wick, cotton wick, and kanthal wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
You can get cotton almost anywhere, the kind women use to take off makeup is fine, organic is probably better because it will have no pestacides. There is no vaping cotton. Japan has some cotton that comes in pads.

Silica and Kanthal can be found at a vaping store but if you can not get to one both of these things have uses other than vaping. I am not sure where you would find them, but you can get Kanthal from Amazon and a bunch of other non vaping sites on the internet.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
As others have said, finding kanthal will be difficult as most applications are of an industrial nature and most hobby stores don't sell it. I know here in the US it's almost impossible to find without purchasing from a vape store or ordering online.

If you do decide to purchase online, Temco are an excellent source (and they ship worldwide)

As for cotton, you're from Egypt, you should be able to go out into the country and pick some :D

I'm kidding, any beauty store will sell 100% natural cotton that you can use. Silica is a little specialized so if supplies are hard to come by, you might be better sticking to cotton.

I don't know much about silica suppliers as I've stopped using it.

Last edited:

tech911

Moved On
Oct 26, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New Identity of previously banned member

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
where to buy these items cotton and silica wicks, kanthal wire, I'm living in Ma'adi- Cairo- Egypt. and I dont want to make online purchase.

Not sure of the supply or retails options in Cairo, but hope this helps:

Cotton from any drug store or medical supply.
Silica from a store that sells lanterns, gas lights, heaters, camping supplies, etc.
Kanthal form an electronic parts or electronic repair shop, or wire supplier.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
where to buy these items cotton and silica wicks, kanthal wire, I'm living in Ma'adi- Cairo- Egypt. and I dont want to make online purchase.

I've bought everything... and here is the best of the best IMO. I run micro coils - 3 coils in a Stillare V3 RDA, around a #0 size drill bit, or in millimeters, I use a 1.8 - 2.0mm wide drill bit. After hundreds of builds, and literally thousands of dollars spent, I have found my go-to setup (for now)... ive been rocking this setup for 4 months striaght, which is the longest I've ever stayed with one setup, I've found my golden zone... and I got all my coworkers using the same mod, same RDA, same wicks, same build style, same wire, and same juice literally.

Wire:
26 Gauge G-Plat
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=bDe0ZK_0UKkRcIwigjOA5w&bvm=bv.80642063,d.dGc

- Why G-Plat? Simple, it lasts longer and is soft and pliable, easy to work with. Buy a pack, give it a shot. You won't be sorry. I've haven't gone back to normal 26/28g kanthal yet.

Wicks:
koh Gen Do Organic Cotton pads
Koh Gen Do Cotton | Beauty.com

- 60 pads will last a super long time. 12.00/box is pretty awesome. My local brick and mortar vape shop was selling these pads for $1.00 PER PAD!!!!! Give these a shot, no need to rinse or boil, use as is.

A little gift of a side recommendation...

Juice
OMG's W.T.F Juice
OMG E-Liquid WTF Strawberry Sour Belt

- Every single person I've let try it, loves it and it becomes their new everyday vape. It's so subtle and light, can be vaped via RTA/RDA/Clearomizer and it tastes great, only downside is the stupid ..... small bottle. I've been pleading with the manufacturer to make a 60ml or a 120ml... but they're being hard headed. It's that good.

Another useful tool if you dont own:

Ceramic Tweezers
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Lightning-Vapes-Ceramic-Tweezers/dp/B00KAEWG76

- Unfortunately I was a little late to this party, I wish I had these years ago when I first started doing micro-coils. These ceramic tweezers (if you dont know) allow you to squeeze your coils while pushing down on the switch. Even if you wrap your coils around a drill bit and you mess-up, and your coils aren't 100% perfectly neat and touching one another, these tweezers will turn any crappy coil into a perfect coil.

Precision Drill Bit Kit
Screwdrivers | Screwdrivers-Set | Stanley® 66-052, 6 Piece Precision Screwdriver Set | B320920 - GlobalIndustrial.com

- $6.00 gets you a bunch of different diameter screw driver sot wrap your coils around. Good for being precise.

My go-to build by the way.... on a stillare v3 RDA (native 3-coil setup). I do a 6/7 wrap around a 1.8mm screw driver and I come out with .21Ω

Hope this helps!!!

Vape.0n

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Thanks for your quick reply, I need both to know what is better silica or cotton and continue with it

Cotton will need to be changed more often, but once you get it right it is much better than Silica. Much cleaner flavor.
Local Pharmacy? Cotton Balls work great. Just unroll. Also Cotton Facial Pads(without additives) make wicks easily.

For Wire - Check around for either Kanthal or Nichrome wire. Both will work.
Hobbiest use resistance wire for Foam cutting. Hobby Shop? Try an Electrical supply house. they may be able to order if not in stock.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Did a little search and found this

https://www.facebook.com/EgyVape

Seems their web page isn't working, but there's recent updates on their FB page. Give them a call?

PS, You Americans have to stop stealing city names. You're messing up google searches. How many Cairos' you got over there? :p

Edit: ... and welcome aboard Nady! :banana:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread