Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Here is the story....

My friend David from ECF and I set up a little "temporary swap". He sent me his Silver Bullet, and I sent him my MrPuffer. The deal was just to try out each others PV's to see how we liked them.

I ended up really loving the SB so I asked him if we could make the trade permanent if I payed him a little cash (The SB is worth more than the MrPuffer, so a difference would have to be payed.) He was okay with it, decided he was going to sell the MrPuffer and once he had I was going to pay the difference to match his want of 80$. (Probably would have ended up costing me 40 - 45$ in the end.)

He hasn't put up the ad for MrPuffer yet so I was waiting on that but recently... The SB has stopped working....!!!!?!?!

I have a total of 4 tenergy 750mAh 3.0v batteries. 2 of them were sent with the device from David 2 of them were gifted to me when I said that only having one set was not lasting me long enough. It was made clear that they were old, but I didn't mind...

The SB was working like a champ all day Sunday. I noticed on Monday I would have to swap out the batteries VERY consistently and then the batteries would charge super fast.

On Tuesday I couldn't get it to work at all. All the batteries are charged and no combination of them will make the device work. Could it be that the batteries are all dead? Or is the switch misfiring??? This isn't even really MY device yet and if David can't sell the MrPuffer I will have to pay for this in full which I do NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR. MY HUSBAND WILL KILL ME!!!

I don't know what to do. I am not 'handy' at all. Is there anybody here that is? That would be willing to look this over for me if I ship it to you???

Heeellllppp meeee... :(:(:(

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
How old is the SB? Is it still under warranty?

Do you have another atomizer that you could try on it? Maybe your atomizer went bad or is in need of a good cleaning.

How old are the batteries? Do you have anything else that uses those type of batteries that you could put them in & see if it works?

How old is the charger?

Is the switch easy to press or is it hard/sticky?

Do you, or someone you know, have a multi-meter?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to save you having to ship it to someone & spend more money.:)

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
How old is the SB? Is it still under warranty?

I'm not sure how old it is, I can't get ahold of David.

Do you have another atomizer that you could try on it? Maybe your atomizer went bad or is in need of a good cleaning.
I've tried several attys, cartos, and 808 attys with adapter. all work on my PT but dont fire on the SB.

How old are the batteries? Do you have anything else that uses those type of batteries that you could put them in & see if it works?

I don't know how old exactly. One set is as old as the SB.. and I don't know how old the SB is. I was told the other set was "older" but don't know how old exactly. Problem didn't start until after I started using the 'older' batteries but don't think that would matter?

How old is the charger?

As old as the SB so I don't know.

Is the switch easy to press or is it hard/sticky?
It's easy to press there are no changes in the feel of the switch

Do you, or someone you know, have a multi-meter?
No.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to save you having to ship it to someone & spend more money.

No problem!! I'm more than happy to answer questions. Anything to get some help!

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Another question - have you got an 18650 battery that you know is good? The SB will work with 1 18650.

With the batteries charging "super fast", & they are old, it could be the batteries or the charger. That's where I'd start.

No :( All i have is the four 3.0v's

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
are those tenergy the Li-Ions or the LiFePo4 3.0V?...

either way I'd suspect the batteries....just even more so if it's the LiFePo4...those get overstressed to hell and back at 6V...

even the Li-Ions get overstressed at 6V... but often the PCB in the battery will shut em down...is a known problem with 510 atties...

anyway when batteries get overstressed their ability to hold and maintain a charge gets worse...
and being that you tried several different atties that would be my first guess...

EDIT: normally the batteries would have over 500 charging cycles on them...but if they've been overstressed you're likely to get far less than that..

Last edited:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Here's a place to get batteries - Li-Ion Batteries. If you have any questions, use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. Mark is a good guy & will answer them for you. He's in NC & ships pretty quick. His prices are pretty good. If you're not hung up on vaping @ 6v, a single 18650 will last you a day, maybe 2, depending on how much you vape.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'd probably suggest picking up a single 18650 or a pair of 16340s just to see if it vapes with new batteries...

if it does then I'd probably suggest buying better batteries...
and while I like madvapes....the *fire batteries that he carries arent you best choice..
but they are cheap and will get to you quickly and serve to see if it works with new batteries..

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
There is also a chance, if you're using the different atty's and whatnot on the PT first, that the PT adapter is pressing the atty's center post up too high into the atty and not allowing for a full connection in the SB adapter. This happens to people a lot when they use the same atty's on different devices. Look at the bottom of the atty's and make sure their center posts are at least flush if not lower than the outer threads of the atty, if it's pushed in too high, pull/ pry it down with some tweezers or a knife and try again on the SB.

You can get a cheap multimeter from harbor freight for like 5 bucks, could help you a lot especially with future issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread