I might have gone overboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nttdemented

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
San Juan, PR
So I got into vaping a week ago and I think I might have over done it ordering e-juice out of excitement...

foq9.jpg

The first two are Flavorz by Joe that are re-branded and sold by a local supplier, a used bottle of I'll Nilla he gave me and "Delirium" is basically Heaven's Nectar, the next two are Cup of Joe and an extra bottle I bought of I'll Nilla (loved the free sample I was given), the next 5 are Mt Baker Vapors (USA Blend, 555, Vanilla Tobaco, Butter Pecan and the freebie was Butter Cream) and the last 3 are the first I ordered with my Totally Wicked Kit (RY4, Tobacco and American Red Tobacco).

I made sure to try the full gamut of VG/PG levels of mix, the Flavorz are 50vg/50pg (called Joe directly to confirm this), the Mt Bakers I ordered at 80vg/20pg and the Totally Wicked's are 20vg/80pg.

The first I tried was Totally Wicked and the high PG gave me an unpleasant scratchyness on my throat sometimes so I tried the 50/50 mix on the Flavorz and found those VERY rich and balanced and very rarely gave me a scratchy hit.

The Mt Bakers Vapors JUST got in the mail a few minutes ago, I tried them all by dropping some on the coil in my Tornado Mini RCS and using it as a direct dripper, NONE of them gave me ANY form of scratchyness the flavor was rich and full on each one, tons of vapor and smooth pleasant finishes.

Conclusion, I'm gonna be a high VG vaper most but right now I really can't decide what to put in my tanks!! :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_20130817_135607.jpg
    IMG_20130817_135607.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Gautama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Normal, IL
The way I see it, you've been very smart. You started out with what seems to be solid equipment and you're trying out multiple types of liquids. It takes time to get your vapers legs. But you're off to a great start. :toast: Btw, MBV is my go to for liquids. Great quality with some of, if not the, best prices around.

wbart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Easton, MD, USA
Tame by comparison, My first week I had 2 Alice orders, A Vapedudes order, A Vapedojo order and an Alien Visions order all over 50 bucks each, I am still Vaping some of them and others I gave away as my Nic level dropped But it will increase the longer you do it. I look at it like a hobby that will save my life lol

nttdemented

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
San Juan, PR
Yeah no kidding. Right after posting this I read this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...wbs-you-feeling-like-kid-candy-store-too.html and I feel ok with spending at least an extra $100 in gear and juice now.

*browsing the webs with credit card in hand*

Feeling lucky that when I got married two years ago we kept separate bank accounts... But even then, I've spent like $150 in total while I spent $250 a month smoking analogs. Hmmm... yeah, I do have $100 leftover on my smoking budget. LOL!!

Anyone recommend a premium portable tank? I looked at a Davide Mini at a local shop but I didn't go for it because I hadn't researched it much, initial reviews said the draw was to airy? Also it looks like I need a needle tip to fill it as it has 3 small holes through witch you put your juice into the tank, I don't have one of those yet. I'd also like a good direct drip device that is very easy to clean so that I can change it up on a whim or show my friends the different flavors.

My two current tanks (Tornado RCS Mini and Stainless RCS V3) both have their pro's and cons.

My mini reviews:

The RCS V3:

Pros: It's easy to clean the atty and tank, gives good solid vapes and it's very easy to refill, just unscrew the mouthpiece, drip the juice down the side at an angle being careful not to overfill, screw the mouthpiece back on and done.

Cons: It tends to drip juice down the atty onto the battery (only a little bit though) and rarely gives me a spurt of juice in the mouth (even when drawing softly), you also have to tip it towards the mouth piece to keep the atty moist and prevent a dry hit. Also after leaving it alone for some time laying on it's side it seems the wicks let to much juice into the atty and juice starts to creep into the mouthpiece as well. Knowing that I try to leave it unattached from the battery standing up on the table when I'm not going to use it for a long time, when I use it again I attach it to the battery, swirl it around and take my vapes.

Tornado RCS Mini:

Pros: Once filled the vapes I take on it are much more consistent than the V3, I like that the vapor is cooler because it's bottom coiled, the mouth piece is a 510 style drip tip so in the future I can change to any other mouthpiece I want I get less of a chance of juice in the mouth from this one than the RCS V3.

Cons: Every time I re-fill it I need to shake out one or two drops that creep into the air tube in the middle by shaking it in a way that the g-forces push the drops out through the top cap (mouth piece removed). If I don't do this, you guessed it, juice in the mouth for the first 2 or 3 drags. I need to remove it from the battery to refill it and I also have to make sure I wick out any excess juice from the atty base before screwing it back onto the tank, if not the threads spew out any excess juice as I screw it back onto the tank. Rarely I get a drop of juice in the mouth as well if I drag on it to hard or to many time sin a row. Finally it's harder to clean. It's harder to get directly to the coil in the atty to run the hot tap water over it, the little post is clipped onto the base pretty hard. And since the top cap of the tank can't be removed getting the tank dry in a hurry requires some skill making thin rolls of paper towel to fit between the tank wall and the air passage to get any remaining water drops out of there.

So... Is there a premium mini tank that is very unlikely to leak or spew liquid into the mouth even when drawing hard, easy to clean (opens up completely), bottom coiled with short wicks, replaceable coils is a must, and removable 510 style drip tip mouthpieces would be a plus.

*standing by ready to order*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread