I made an e-cig vendor at my mall look ......ed with PureSmoker products

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJApoc

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
blog.djapoc.com
Ok, so admittedly I wasn't really sure where to post this, so I decided that since I did this with stuff I bought from PS, I would post it here.

So yesterday, I went to the mall to let my girlfriend spend her gift card, and to get some bourbon chicken (om nom nom). On my way through the mall, I noticed yet another new ecig and "e-cigar" kiosk had popped up near the food court, and thought, what the hell, I'll take a look.

There were already a few customers hanging about, with one completing his purchase. I browsed some of the products, and noticed they were marketing one "e-cigar" which I had seen before, and found to be quite tasteless. I then noticed some new stuff I hadn't seen at the old kiosk, what looked to be standard 510 batteries, with them selling pre-filled cartomizers. I saw the exchange of money from the paying customer to the vendor, and sort of chuckled to myself. "This is going to be fun" I thought.

Time to put on my troll face.

So I browse a bit more, and notice at no point are any prices posted on any of the products. By now the vendor has noticed me, and before even asking if he can help me or not, he asks "how many cigarettes" I smoke in a day. I tell him "none". I then whip out my Ego-T and start vaping away on some Firecracker. The guy looks perplexed. He asks "what's that?". I explain. Then the fun began.

This guy took no time in attempting to prove to me that his product was superior. I could tell from what I was looking at that what I was seeing was no better than Blu Cigs, if not worse. He asks what I'm vaping, and I explain I'm using PS Firecracker 24mg. The strongest he offers is 16mg >_< He hands it to me to try.

I get the blandest, tightest pull ever, with a harshness I have never felt at 16mg before. It tastes like coffee with a cigarette .... in it. He tells me it's chocolate. Yeah. Okay.

Remember that people are watching.

He has me sample some more flavors. They all taste the same. I keep vaping my Firecracker, producing clouds of vapor that dwarf anything his product is creating. Then I pop the big question.

How much does your product cost?

$150.

One-hundred and fifty dollars.

For 2 batteries, no PCC, and one usb charger.

No cartridges.

As soon as he tells me the price, I lose it and begin laughing uncontrollably.

"Are you ......ing kidding me?" I ask him.

"Why? Well how much was yours?"

I tell him how much I paid at PS. Everyone hears. Including the guy who just spent $150.

This guy eyes over my Ego-T, and tries to tell me that it's leaking. I explain to him the concept of water vapor causing condensation inside the tubes. Then he tries telling me it's not condensation, but rather that it is PURE LIQUID NICOTINE and will make me very sick:facepalm:

Of course, if that were true, one drop in my mouth would kill me. Assuming it were PURE nicotine. Just saying. I lick it away in front of him. You know what it tastes like? "Freaking WATER!"

He isn't swayed by my argument.

I put away the Ego XL with the Ego-T tank atty and whip out my Ego passthrough, different color, with my Boge LR atty and a zip tip, this time with another liquid with extra VG. Clouds of vapor erupt around me.

"Well now what the hell is that?" he wants to know. I explain it's basically the same technology he's marketing, only better, and much cheaper. He argues warranties with me, and tells me how cartomizers suck... until I point out that his product is delivered via... dum dum dum... cartomizers. Which he swear are a 3 piece design, and are awful. I disassemble mine and his to show the similarities. He shuts the hell up. He doesn't believe they are the same thing, simply because of my zip tip.

I explain to him that I never had any intention of buying from him. That I set out only to embarrass him and educate the bystanders. I explained to him my disgust for people that market sub-par e-cigs at an astronomical price, only to ultimately ruin everyone on the initial impression of them, and more people end up saying "well, e-cigs won't work for me" and not being willing to try again because they spent $150 on some douche bags starter kit. And when they need refills, they have to come back to him. He told me I can vape his stuff and spend only $120 a month. No kidding, ........ I'm spending $30 a month as it is right now.

I gave PureSmoker business cards to everyone involved, including the vendor. I know I made some sales of my own ;)

Everywhere I go I end up doing a seminar on e-cigs, how they work, the benefits, and the money savings. I refer everyone to PS because I believe it to be the highest quality product on the market right now, the hardware prices cannot be beat, and customer service is stellar.

"Empress Kitty" and I even demonstrated PS products in a damn Burger King and had everyone in the place interested.

Cash. Hear my plea.

Open a franchise here. Let me work for you.

I can make you so much money it's not even funny.

And I can put .......s like this out of business.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I had a similar experience last weekend in Kansas City, MO. I pulled out my Prodigy at a fifty-one duo kiosk. I didn't have cards but people were writing down the website address. Everyone walked away from the booth. They couldn't believe the vapor I was putting out versus the fifty-one. Even the gal working there wanted the address.

I agree with Sonny to a point, they do more good than harm. Only thing your left with is a hurting wallet but your health improves.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
You must be a newbie :)

cash (STEVE) probably isn't going to open a franchise.
I remember when I first started vaping I had to save the world. Then I realized ecigs are everywhere now and that I got tired of doing demonstrations to people that end up not even trying to make it work.

Also, that kiosk probably just kept on selling them at 150 a pop the very next day. No difference.

I just vape openly. If someone wants to know about it, I hand them a card and explain it to them. Most people will make any excuse to keep smoking. It got frustrating so now I just worry about myself.

DJApoc

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
blog.djapoc.com
The reason I say they do harm is that they're selling a sub-par product at a ridiculous price, and basically are going to turn people off of them because they try it and it ends up not working for them, and people assume there's nothing better, and if there is, it's going to cost even more so they never bother to even look.

It seems most consumers aren't savvy enough to get online and find ECF, do their own research, and find the right solution for themselves. For a long time, I believed the Blu Cigs was an exclusive technology. When it turned out to suck and not work for me, I gave up.

It wasn't until a friend (Empress Kitty) found ECF, and subsequently Pure Smoker, got the stuff, and let me try it that I gave it another shot and fell in love.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
The reason I say they do harm is that they're selling a sub-par product at a ridiculous price, and basically are going to turn people off of them because they try it and it ends up not working for them, and people assume there's nothing better, and if there is, it's going to cost even more so they never bother to even look.

It seems most consumers aren't savvy enough to get online and find ECF, do their own research, and find the right solution for themselves. ...

I agree with the above, BUT...

The Libertarian in me wants to say that the mall kiosk vendors are businessmen - they have identified a demand and are providing goods to meet that demand. Yes, the goods may be sub-par and overpriced but that is the Imperfect Market. By educating consumers, at that point of sale, you are not only supplying information on the availability of better products but you are also forcing that businessman to improve his prices and selection of goods (that may p1ss him off but that's another issue).

As I said in another post, vaping has to become a lot more foolproof to gain mass acceptance, and although ECF (and similar fora) serve an invaluable function, they are still only appealing to the savviest of those who have this niche interest. :vapor:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Although I think a lot of those places are ripoffs, they do get a lot of people to switch and eventually find sites like this one.. You have to think of overhead to pay employees, rent the kiosk..ect.. So I think they do more good then harm.

This argument does carry merit, however, we have all those bills and then some :) I look at a majority of kiosks as "Get Rich Quick" schemes. There really don't care about the industry and they likely switched from something else to selling ecigs when they became a hot commodity.

As for DJ ... Nice job bud :) I've considered opening a couple local kiosks, but for one reason or another, we just haven't. The closest place I could open one up is about 45 miles south of us in Greenhills. Opry Mills (our big mall) has been closed since the flooding of March 2011, and our current office is across the street from Rivergate Mall <-- pretty ghetto mall and kind of redundant being across the street :)

DJApoc

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
blog.djapoc.com
Well, if you ever do decide to look into expanding, I'd love to help. There is a massive market for these here in Daytona Beach. I've handed out every PS card I had. I definitely need to stock up!

This argument does carry merit, however, we have all those bills and then some :) I look at a majority of kiosks as "Get Rich Quick" schemes. There really don't care about the industry and they likely switched from something else to selling ecigs when they became a hot commodity.

As for DJ ... Nice job bud :) I've considered opening a couple local kiosks, but for one reason or another, we just haven't. The closest place I could open one up is about 45 miles south of us in Greenhills. Opry Mills (our big mall) has been closed since the flooding of March 2011, and our current office is across the street from Rivergate Mall <-- pretty ghetto mall and kind of redundant being across the street :)

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Just got the cards in the mail today, along with a sample bottle of Fire and Ice! Thanks man, you rock!

NOOOOOO!! I love that stuff. :) They may seem like they are ripping people off.... I got ripped off $175 on a Smoking Everywhere. That was over two years ago....
Steve, If I hand out some cards can I haz some fire and ice?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
NOOOOOO!! I love that stuff. :) They may seem like they are ripping people off.... I got ripped off $175 on a Smoking Everywhere. That was over two years ago....
Steve, If I hand out some cards can I haz some fire and ice?

LOL ... Chad ... I never knew you feel for the SE trap!!! I discovered NJOY ecigs on an LA News "Commentary" and an NJOY sales guy was at a convention with a TINY booth using it. This was in early 2008 .... Wasn't until 4 months later that I looked in to it further :)

Free juice? Can I have some business cards too, like 4 to 5 times per week? :)

Steve, I think that the demand for your business cards is about to go through the roof! hehe :)

Hey, maybe you should consider expanding your business by starting an MLM division of your company... :)

LOLOL ... If you actually pass out business cards Vapor, I'll shoot you a sample of juice ;)

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
LOL ... Chad ... I never knew you feel for the SE trap!!! I discovered NJOY ecigs on an LA News "Commentary" and an NJOY sales guy was at a convention with a TINY booth using it. This was in early 2008 .... Wasn't until 4 months later that I looked in to it further :)

Yup,
Seen someone on the news using one and instantly googled it. At least it got me off the sticks :)

cappadoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Michigan
I love this! I have actually sold 4 patients on the Prodigy. They bring them to their appts and vape with me in the office!

Almost choked on lady an 6V BE112's with SLM. She is now a 3.7V carto fan, so I gave her some Dual coils to try. Steve, I need to get some cards, too. Last order was 55739.

PS is the only store I've found that sells quality hardware and excellent juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread