I lost another vape!!!

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
I've lost at least ten to fifteen of these over the years. Does anyone know if there is a way to track the vape to find out where it is? Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the Smoke Prince kit next. It's unfortunate that it still uses micro USB. Does anyone who has one know of it leaks a lot? Also, do you think it's better to get it online considering all of the extra fees they add on or should I just get it at a shop? THANK YOU.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
Tile has littl plastic squares you can stick to them. If you’ve got a device paired with it you might be able to track the blue tooth signal if you’re close with an app. A lot of them have attachment points too where you might put an apple fob
Thanks for your advice. I just looked at it and am wondering if it's too big for a vape. If it was smaller, it would be perfect.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I think Apple Airtags may be a good option but an expensive one at that, as it uses a location network and not just your own phone.

So basically when anyone else on the network gets close to the airtag you get notified of the location of your airtag.

And the Freemax Twister 2 kit may be another option for you @thefutureisnow, some adjustment available on output and the coils are well known for lasting a good while.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Thanks for your advice. I just looked at it and am wondering if it's too big for a vape. If it was smaller, it would be perfect.
Depends on the vape, but yeah. It’s an issue. All that stuff needs to have a Bluetooth tranciever and it’s own battery so there’s sort of a physics limitation atm. You can get a vape with Bluetooth, in which case the third option can work, but that’s all I know of. Tile has more form factors than AirTag, and there at least used to be one other system besides tile (though iirc their software was better. Tile was the first such system on the market. AirTag is actually more of a “me too”) but I haven’t looked into it in years.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
There are several form factors with tile. I considered sticking one I had to my vandyvape pulseII squonk as it was basically the same size. I decided not to though. AFAIK AirTags only come in one form factor though. They do have a replacable/rechargable(?) battery though which is an advantage. One of the issues with TILE is the battery is integral and when it’s gone it’s gone.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
One
I've lost at least ten to fifteen of these over the years. Does anyone know if there is a way to track the vape to find out where it is? Anyway, I'm thinking of getting the Smoke Prince kit next. It's unfortunate that it still uses micro USB. Does anyone who has one know of it leaks a lot? Also, do you think it's better to get it online considering all of the extra fees they add on or should I just get it at a shop? THANK YOU.
Having read another reply one occurred to me: one of those “key on-a-retracting-cable” things janitors used to use. I’ve never had one though. There could be problems. As long as the wild and weird is being talked about though, if you could replace the cable with a two conductor wire (one with a single wire and a metal ground sheathe would work) the possibility of some crazy mod-with-an-extending-atty becomes possible. A bit like one of those future troopers in that one Q STNG episode..

Last edited:
Reactions: smacuser

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
You can sometimes do that with a phone and a random Bluetooth device. Iirc there was an app for that at one point. Maybe no longer an OS that runs it though. Wouldn’t be especially complicated to do, all it has to do is notice a thing was connected but no longer is. Different kinds of bluetooth have different ranges though. If apple doesn’t have that with their earbuds they could. Still have to have a Bluetooth mod though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordacai

Users who are viewing this thread