I loooooooove my RN4081

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestus

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Deltona, Florida
Just had to drop a post here.

I received by RN4081 Super E-Cig from Totally Wicked last week. Great vapor production, superior flavor (I can seriously taste the flavor from my Camel & Cherry TW juice compared to my prior model), and the battery life is almost double than that of my prior model as well. :thumb:

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Just had to drop a post here.

I received by RN4081 Super E-Cig from Totally Wicked last week. Great vapor production, superior flavor (I can seriously taste the flavor from my Camel & Cherry TW juice compared to my prior model), and the battery life is almost double than that of my prior model as well. :thumb:

Good to hear. I found that the RN4081 atomizers are not power hungry. Mine produce good vapor, and good throat hits while operating in the lower voltage ranges, (3.8 to 4.0volts.) I had minor issues with my 5volt passthrough, and then dropped the voltage to 4volts, and performance was outstanding. And the attys last a lot longer on the lower power too.

For me, it's a win / win situation.

I suggest some back-up attys. $5.50 each at;
Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop

Also, if you need batteries, and can't find them for the RN4081, you can get the DSE103 Batteries. They fit just fine.

Happy vaping;
jd

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Jim, How do you drop the USB passthru voltage to 4 volts?

I dug through my old computer cords (I save everything). I took a male & female USB plug and put a variable resistor in. I used a meter to adjust to the voltage I wanted, and plugged my passthrough into it. I'm still experimenting with power, but so far 4v seems to be the magic number for the 4081 atty. My 4081 batteries are putting out 3.8v and they run just fine. My 4081 passthrough atty is going on over 2 months now, and is still going strong. When I have time, I plan on working with my M401 attys.

I looking at these guys that are running 5 and 6volts, and finding out the *more* is not always better.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
I use my passthrough most of the time. The batteries are saved for when I'm on the job. When the guys go for a smoke break, I go with them, and vape for about 10 minutes at a time. One battery will last from about 7:00am to 4:00pm. I carry 5 spare batteries in case we have to do a marathon shift. My charger is in my computer case too.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
48mg is pretty high. Try mixing a very tiny amount of 50% 48mg and 50% VG. You should still get a good hit, loads of vapor, and twice the amount of juice for the money.

As I said though, a TINY amount!! If you don't like it, you've only lost a few drops.

I buy 36mg, and cut it 50 / 50 to 18mg. I still get the hit, and the VG gives massive vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread