I kinda feel bad for trying to be an "enabler" (a somewhat funny story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
You might be surprised at how many times that shows up in the New Members forum. It's really hard for me to ask someone if they tried that.

The only reason I felt comfortable posting it was because I had done it! Me, my daughter, and in-laws all trooped into the B&M before going out to dinner, and they found the problem pretty quickly. The owner shook his finger at me and said "You should have known that!", "Yes, but I forgot because I never turn mine off!" Still felt pretty stupid.

Was going to leave the story out because it's embarassing, but realized it sounded bad without it :)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The only reason I felt comfortable posting it was because I had done it! Me, my daughter, and in-laws all trooped into the B&M before going out to dinner, and they found the problem pretty quickly. The owner shook his finger at me and said "You should have known that!", "Yes, but I forgot because I never turn mine off!" Still felt pretty stupid.

Was going to leave the story out because it's embarassing, but realized it sounded bad without it :)

Shall I tell you one of my most embarrassing moments to make you feel better?

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
667125_1.gif

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Yah thats why I dont get involved with purchases of vape hardware. Ive found you have to be a little techno savy to keep this stuff working properly. Just a little maintenance is required but not trouble free.

So how techno savvy does one need to be to turn it on? :D
I figure once on it'll work properly.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I'm sorry I didn't follow up. It's not that long, I was doing something else.

It was the very first Aids Walk in Los Angeles - A BIG freaking deal! To give you an idea of the size of the crowd, it started at Paramount Studios and the place was packed. Every color, flavor and texture of the rainbow was out in force. It was also fiercely hot with no shade in sight. We were divided into groups with staggered start times and walked down a rolled out carpet to the street. People were running out from crowd to give hugs, kisses, flowers, take pictures, it was a riot. At one point a group of fabulously dressed ladies, all decked out in evening wear - platform shoes, boas, you get the idea - came scampering out and gave us bottled water and little fanny packs.

There are no shade trees along that part of Melrose, so about a half hour into the walk we were all getting light-headed. To trying and focus on something, I opened the pack. It had lots of goodies inside! Candy, plastic bead necklaces, condoms, all kinds of stuff. As I dug down further, I pulled out a little packet. "Oh cool!' I said to my friends. "Sunscreen!" At which point I opened the packet and smeared lube all over my face.

Smiley_bowing.gif

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

What did you do once you realized what it was?

It only took a couple of seconds for me to realize something wasn't right; I mean, how often does sunscreen feel super slippery? It didn't compute. I was staring at my fingers in confusion, when one of my friends grabbed the packet and starting laughing and waving it about to a crowd of, I don't know, 25+ people. Luckily, I don't embarrass easily and took a bow.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
It only took a couple of seconds for me to realize something wasn't right; I mean, how often does sunscreen feel super slippery? It didn't compute. I was staring at my fingers in confusion, when one of my friends grabbed the packet and starting laughing and waving it about to a crowd of, I don't know, 25+ people. Luckily, I don't embarrass easily and took a bow.

LMAO!!!! Friends ain't good for nuffin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread