I hope someone can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Newbie here, and to the world of electronic cigarettes! I ordered a super mini and received it in the mail a couple of days ago. I have had nothing but problems with it. I charged it for 5 hours (the light on the charger turned green after only 30 minutes) and tried to use it. I was able to "hit" it about 6 times and the battery was dead again. The LED was flashing 10 times. I have two batteries and they are both doing this constanly. Also I have gone through at least two cartridges per day. I am not sure if I am doing somehting wrong or if the battery or charger is bad. I have contacted the seller and he is sending out a new battery and charger.
*Any ideas as to what this could be?
*How long should the battery last?
*How long should a cartridge last?
*Can I order cartridges from a supplier here or just from the person I bought the e cig from?

I really want this to work for me. I have attempted to quit analogs many times and always go back. This seems like a great compromise without the risks that smoking brings. However, right now, I am having so many issues with the ecig that I am ready to smoke again! lol

Thanks in advance for your help. This seems like a very helpful and informative board. I look forward to getting to know you all as well as your tips and tricks!

Shannon:)

balldope

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Northern New Jersey - USA
Hi QueenInNC,
Depending on who you got it from you should probably charge the battery for 12 hrs, even if the light goes green (recommened by Steve@puresmoker for his bats). A fully charged battery on my 901 last from 4 to 6 hrs. What type did you get? Milage will vary on the carts, I have had ones that lasted 1/2 day and some lasted a full day. You can buy some eLiquid to top off the cart when they get low, there are a bunch of howtos on the board about this.
Hope that helps.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
These things are very finiky at times. My 901 works great at times and lousy at other times. I just got a Yeti, so far it is working great. Please give more information on what you got i.e. model #. Don't give up on the idea, as it will work with some persistance. There is also a learning curve that goes with it. I had to charge my batteries a minimum of 8 hrs., smoke it for 20 minutes, then charge again for 1 hr.. Just read your instructions and follow accordingly. I would reccomend the 901 or the Yeti. Every e cig has little quirks about them that you will learn as you use them.

Hope this helps,

rsmith76

Actually it sound to me like you are taking a draw longer than 5 seconds. If you do the battery will automatically cut off to prevent you from burning up your atomizer. When you take a draw longer than 5 seconds the battery flashes 10 times. If the battery was low it would flash about 30 times. I have a RN4081 also and draw until it flashed and stop. Wait for a few seconds and take another draw. If you are still producing vapor when you take another draw the battery is not low.

When you try to recharge the battery after it flashes 10 times is the charger light green? If it is the your draws are probably just longer than 5 seconds.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Actually it sound to me like you are taking a draw longer than 5 seconds. If you do the battery will automatically cut off to prevent you from burning up your atomizer. When you take a draw longer than 5 seconds the battery flashes 10 times. If the battery was low it would flash about 30 times. I have a RN4081 also and draw until it flashed and stop. Wait for a few seconds and take another draw. If you are still producing vapor when you take another draw the battery is not low.

When you try to recharge the battery after it flashes 10 times is the charger light green? If it is the your draws are probably just longer than 5 seconds.[/quote]

After this happens, I put the battery on the charger, the light is red for about 20 minutes, then green. My draws may be longer than 5 seconds (especially when the cart is low), but when that happens, I can't use it again until I charge it. Weird! I have put both batteries on the charger and will let them charge all day and see what happens. Thanks to all for your help!!

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
Sometimes the switch sticks, which could set off the cutoff. When it starts flashing, try unscrewing the battery to break contact with the atomizer, then screwing it back in. If it starts giving you good vapor again, odds are you've got a sticky switch.

Switch problems are pretty common with superminis. The first thing to do is to straighten out a paperclip and put it into the hole in the middle of the battery contact, slide it in until you feel it hit the switch, then wggle it a bit. See if this helps, it has for a lot of people. If this doesn't fix it, try dripping in some rubbing alcohol, shaking it a bit, and then blowing it out with canned air and letting it sit contact side down on a paper towel for a few hours to dry. This has always sorted out the problems with my supermini batteries.

hope this helps

-=ADAM=-

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
One of my atomizers started smoking earlier. Does that mean that it is done? I haven't tried it again. Also, I have another question...I got the low carts. Do the med carts have more vapor or just more nicotine? Is the taste stronger? I am (since I haven't been able to get the e cig to work yet) smoking about 10 Marl Ultra Lights per day. Should I be using the low or the medium? Also, can I order carts from a different place or only the place I got the e cig from? I also want eliquid and I don't think that this company sells it. This seems like an awful lot of work! I am just hoping that it is all worth it. I am reading the forum top to bottom to try and find answers to my questions, but there is a lot of info here!!!

I took Wellbutrin in June and quit analogs all together for three months. Then only had a few while drinking occasionally and then a couple a day and... you know the rest...lol So, now I am back to 10 a day. I decided to try this before I am back to a pack a day.

Karl

Moved On
Feb 22, 2009
  • Deleted by CaSHMeRe
  • Reason: Supplier Pretending to Be a Supplier

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
Also, can I order carts from a different place or only the place I got the e cig from? I also want eliquid and I don't think that this company sells it.

All the 901 carts should be the same; so, if you've been having problems with the place you got your e-cig from, I'd recommend going elsewhere. totally wicked have great liquid and great service. they were the second company I tried, and I haven't needeed to go anywhere else since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread