i have had vaping tongue for about a month and a half......

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonB.

May 15, 2017
ever since i bought my last prebuilt coil head that only last about 6 hours then I sucked the worse taste out of it I could not vape for 2 days afterward. I swapped to make your own canthal coil and tasted a little but about a week after that, all taste was gone I swapped cotton changed coils several times. it has been about a month and a half now. either its vape tongue or my local vape shop is into very subtle flavors. I have tried my friend's vape and he uses coil heads still can't taste anything from his. I have tried different kinds of juices. suggestions?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
ever since i bought my last prebuilt coil head that only last about 6 hours then I sucked the worse taste out of it I could not vape for 2 days afterward. I swapped to make your own canthal coil and tasted a little but about a week after that, all taste was gone I swapped cotton changed coils several times. it has been about a month and a half now. either its vape tongue or my local vape shop is into very subtle flavors. I have tried my friend's vape and he uses coil heads still can't taste anything from his. I have tried different kinds of juices. suggestions?

If you can't taste anything on another mod with different juices, its vape tongue, no doubt, sad part about it, is especially when you first start can last couple days up to a few months, everyone is different, though you can improve the situation a bit to respark you taste buds.

1) As Kprthevapr above posted, mouth wash, help cut down on any excess VG build up on your taste buds and drink plenty of water, and liquids, orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemonade, and tomato juice surprisingly helps cut VG and other things due to their acidity.
2) You'll need a glass tank or a simple RDA for this, but Cinnamon Red Hots flavor, hot cinnamon is also acidic (thus the glass section on a tank and not plastic), also a citrus style vape also can cut VG build up down as well.
3) A Menthol flavor or straight menthol, surprisingly especially spearmint based menthols can really awaken taste buds.
4) Vape on a liquid with, this one is weird, a cucumber flavoring mixed with a light spearmint and fruit flavor, the cucumber very surprisingly cuts vape tongue down real quick.
5) If none of the above work, switch to an unflavored liquid, you are not getting any flavor why pay the premium price as all you are vaping for by then is just to get your nicotine. Nude Nicotine and several other DIY liquid vendors offer nic base a lot of times in your preferred or close to preferred PG/VG ratio and nic level, and is pretty inexpensive.
6) Chew on cinnamon or mint gums, or have cinnamon or mint candies on hand until the vape tongue is rectified.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
do a quick taste test... put a small drop of the juice on your finger and lick it.. if you taste it ( the flavor) you dont have vapers tounge... your atty isnt doing well. If you dont taste it, then you have full blown VT and its going to stick around until you change flavor profiles... e.g. if you are doing fruit flavors, swap over to non fruit flavors...

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
do a quick taste test... put a small drop of the juice on your finger and lick it.. if you taste it ( the flavor) you dont have vapers tounge... your atty isnt doing well. If you dont taste it, then you have full blown VT and its going to stick around until you change flavor profiles... e.g. if you are doing fruit flavors, swap over to non fruit flavors...

I believe you are right about changing flavors. In my 8 to 9 years of vaping don't think I ever experienced VT. I very seldom use the same flavor for more than a day or two at a time. I have a friend has constant trouble with it and he swears by black licorice for a fix.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you can't taste anything on another mod with different juices, its vape tongue, no doubt, sad part about it, is especially when you first start can last couple days up to a few months, everyone is different, though you can improve the situation a bit to respark you taste buds.

1) As Kprthevapr above posted, mouth wash, help cut down on any excess VG build up on your taste buds and drink plenty of water, and liquids, orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemonade, and tomato juice surprisingly helps cut VG and other things due to their acidity.
2) You'll need a glass tank or a simple RDA for this, but Cinnamon Red Hots flavor, hot cinnamon is also acidic (thus the glass section on a tank and not plastic), also a citrus style vape also can cut VG build up down as well.
3) A Menthol flavor or straight menthol, surprisingly especially spearmint based menthols can really awaken taste buds.
4) Vape on a liquid with, this one is weird, a cucumber flavoring mixed with a light spearmint and fruit flavor, the cucumber very surprisingly cuts vape tongue down real quick.
5) If none of the above work, switch to an unflavored liquid, you are not getting any flavor why pay the premium price as all you are vaping for by then is just to get your nicotine. Nude Nicotine and several other DIY liquid vendors offer nic base a lot of times in your preferred or close to preferred PG/VG ratio and nic level, and is pretty inexpensive.
6) Chew on cinnamon or mint gums, or have cinnamon or mint candies on hand until the vape tongue is rectified.
As strange as it sounds, the red hots juice is good advice. I started buying cinnamon red hots juice shortly after I started vaping a few years ago because it was the only flavor that wouldn't give me VT.

It won't be a long term thing though. I haven't gotten it in years and I've been mixing very subtle flavored juice for the last couple of years. Once you get through it a time or two, you probably won't get it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread