• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I Have An Interesting Idea..............First Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I have a really interesting idea.....but then, that is the name of the thread. It's going to require Bible Study, when, lets face it, we can all learn something from Scripture. So, how about we post some interesting items that you have learned from Scripture, Pastor, tv Evangelist, etc. We can start a new thread when each question.

This is what I'm thinking.......ask a question and see who answers with the correct answer. It can be easy or hard. If we give up, you have to provide the answer. Okay?
:thumbs:

First Question : How does the Jewish wedding custom of Biblical times, equate and compare with the rapture of the church?

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
I think it's a great idea! I'm sporadically on the forums and I'm not familiar enough with the Bible or its symbolism, but I enjoy learning new things! I will definitely be reading and if I'm ever able to give any feedback I will most definitely jump in!

In this case I know nothing of the Jewish wedding custom. I'm interested to learn though. I'm on a mission tonight, but hopefully I'll be able to do some research and throw my guesses out there at some point.

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
I have it!!!!! I did look it up and found a really awesome page that answered all the questions I could have had on the subject and more! I really would never have tied all of this together in my own mind, but I am so glad that you helped me to look and see!!!
Okay....so:
When a Man wanted to marry a woman, he went and asked her Father what price he would have to pay to have her. In much the same way, God our Father, required the Shedding of Blood for the redemption of Sin (Hebrews 9:22), which Jesus paid with his death on the Cross. Communion is a sign of our agreement with Jesus that we are his and have also entered into the Covenant. (John 14)
Once a man came to an agreement with the father, he entered into a covenant with the woman, thereby becoming betrothed of committed to one another for life, though they had not entered into physical union yet. In the same way, Jesus made his commitment to his disciples and Us, his bride and Church (when we accept Him as individuals)....His part is done, because he has shed his blood but we have this life to remain faithful to him while he goes to prepare Home for us, just as the bridegroom goes to prepare living arrangements for he and his Bride (John 14:2,3)....

So, I have the page bookmarked, it is awesome, and that is just the start....Did not want to take all of the answer, but allow someone else to also take up where I left off. :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Never gave much thought on the question kind of lost for an answer which surprise even me.

Great answer chapeltown it was awesome I love it.

Here I’m Jewish and never put it together before.

This is going to be a great thread I’ll be looking forward each week for a new question.

Thanks for starting this thread Saintscruiser; you got my attention with the very first question.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Yes, Chapel you did great so far. There is more to it, though! The groom would go and prepare and build a space in his father's house, like an attachment. "I will go and prepare a place for you, as in my Father's house there are many mansions." "Where I go you will be with me also." When that was done, he would go and claim his bride. Now the bride had no idea when the bridegroom would come for her, so the symbol of her being ready was a lamp in the window. (Story of the 3 virgins. Only one had enough oil in her lamp when the bridegroom came calling. The other two weren't ready and was trying to bum oil off of the one who had plenty of oil.) Now look at Scripture and look at the rapture of the church when The Bridegroom comes to get His bride. She doesn't know when, but she is waiting. We don't know the day nor the hour, but we know He will come for us You have to remember that Jesus was Jewish and followed the Hebrew customs. Isn't that fascinating? I love it!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Now it's time for another question from all of you! :w00t:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Never gave much thought on the question kind of lost for an answer which surprise even me.

Great answer chapeltown it was awesome I love it.

Here I’m Jewish and never put it together before.

This is going to be a great thread I’ll be looking forward each week for a new question.

Thanks for starting this thread Saintscruiser; you got my attention with the very first question.

I am half Jewish. My father was Jewish and became a Christian. Thats why this issue was so interesting. That fact is another question. Thank you for the inspiration! :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    I think it's a great idea! I'm sporadically on the forums and I'm not familiar enough with the Bible or its symbolism, but I enjoy learning new things! I will definitely be reading and if I'm ever able to give any feedback I will most definitely jump in!

In this case I know nothing of the Jewish wedding custom. I'm interested to learn though. I'm on a mission tonight, but hopefully I'll be able to do some research and throw my guesses out there at some point.

Harmony, you hit the nail on the head!!!!! None of us have all the answers! None of us are sinless. We are here to encourage, pray for, listen to, and learn from each other! If you have a question, feel ABSOLUTELY free to post it! "Ye have not because ye ask not." I have difficulty remembering this, especially when emotions run high. Yep, I'm guilty. If no one ever sinned up until me.....yep, I'd be the first one. If I was the only sinner and Jesus died just for me.....the skies would have still turned black.

I'm not online every day, as I am disabled. Here recently I asked the Lord......"What can I do for Your kingdom in the condition I'm in!" I was depressed and felt like a whipped pillow. I won't go into details, but repetetive movements hurt me....like typing. Praise God for medication, is all I can say! That is why I don't post but maybe once or twice a week tops. I don't wish for sympathy or pity. Just some understanding. Then all of a sudden the idea hit me about the questions. Any of you could know something that the rest of us don't know. And lets face it....to me, reading the words of Jesus and His followers is like sitting on the mountain listening to Jesus teach to the 5,000. There are different facests in the teaching of Jesus, and from those whom followed Him and His teachings. You can read the same verse over and over and learn something new each time. Harmony, ask away. Dear Lord, I come to You in humbleness appreciating all of the wonderful people who come into Christian Vapors. Lord, I ask that You gently take away the shyness of each and everyone in here, and greatly bless them in their lives. There maybe some that are dreading the holidays, and I ask that You be especially close to them, helping them to realize they aren't alone. You said You would never leave us and I thank You for the wonderful promises You have given us. Help me too, Lord, as You know my heart is heavy right now, but I trust You, I believe You, and I love You first and foremost. Forgive me for my blindness and allowing emotions to cloud me. Thank You for loving me first, and accepting me as I am. It never ceases to amaze me what You freely give for ones undeserving, like me. I Love You Lord, and I thank You for blessing this board. Tell Mom and Daddy that I love them and miss them. For it's in the amazing, awesome Name of Jesus I pray, Amein.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread