I have an embarrassing confession... I love everything about the Vuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kluj

Mar 23, 2015
I started vaping a few years ago with first-gen stuff, but the draw was horrible, worse than trying to suck air through a coffee stirrer. A couple years later, I tried a newer model, but it was still fairly complicated, it was still very difficult to draw, and it leaked concentrate out the mouth-hole. No good, went back to smoking actual tobacco.

Today, I started work for an office where real tobacco is strictly forbidden and you can vape inside but not outside (yes, it's weird, but awesome -- we also have a free bar, but you can't bring your own alcohol). HR lady suggested I go to the gas station and buy a vaping kit. After rolling my eyes at the teenager terminology (I blush even thinking the word "vape"), I ended up going to the gas station and awkwardly asking about what I was supposed to buy for this (I walked around the gas station without thinking they'd be behind the counter - I'd always ordered everything online), and the clerk told me she used a Vuse. At this point, I was confused because there were only $3.50 refills and $9.50 kits, which clearly couldn't have been an actual kit because I'd never seen a rechargeable model under $50 (original was >$100 for the kit). She insisted it was the full kit, so I bought it (it's only $10 and it'll let me see how bad the cheap models are these days) and had a couple puffs in our IT office. It tasted pretty much like nothing but menthol, which is great, IMO (I was never much for the smooth, smoky flavor of burnt sandpaper and .... scabs).

The smell isn't offensive and doesn't seem to stick to clothes - and it isn't shooting off giant smoke plumes (but it's more than enough to let you know it's doing its job), which is obviously a benefit in a "professional environment" (where you can vape and drink... ... this job is pretty awesome, too). I read here about how hard it is to draw on these, but either I'm smoking with some new model RJR steath-intro'd or people have way higher expectations than I did (it seems slightly easier to draw than actual cigarettes, leaps and bounds better than expensive last-gen models I'd used). The charger's completely adequate for the job, refill costs are about on par with RYO costs considering how much cigarette I'd otherwise waste by not being able to really stop when I wanted (usually didn't have a place to put half-smoked cigarettes, so either smoked more than I wanted or smashed it all in the ashtray). I haven't had to charge the battery yet, but I've only had this ~8 hours (and since I can plug it in at the office or at home, it doesn't really matter).

The pricing model of Vuse has me convinced vaping is at (maybe even a little past) its critical point and it's amazing I hadn't seen these devices when I lived and worked in MI. I don't like how high the nicotine concentration is in the cartridges, but assume they'll introduce lower concentrations when they realize there's demand for it. That's my only kinda-sorta complaint. I wish I could say this was introducing me to some "vape culture" where now I'm going to go march against anti-vape laws or patronize "scene" vape-sellers (okay, I'm lying here), but honestly, this $10 stick will probably be with me until it dies, and then I'll probably buy the same as a replacement.

I guess my point is that these cheap models are likely to bring in many new vapers (oh, my God, please push for a new term), and while there aren't really any principles to speak of with regard to the product and company, it's practically impossible to argue against as an improvement over actual tobacco. It seems like e-cigarettes are at their AOL moment; I think products like the Vuse are most likely to bring e-cigarettes into the mainstream as just something people do rather than having stigmas attached to users similar to an oxygen bar.:2c:

ETA: The AOL moment is very important because that becomes the point where law-makers are not only going to have to fight more lobbyists, but where anti-vaping laws are likely to become more unpopular among average folks who've experienced these devices.

Last edited:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Kluj and welcome to the forum and the world of vape. I am really happy you have found an alternative to smoking the stinkys. I remember when I started with a gas station vape, and was shocked at how different they are now. Since then I learned there is an entire world of vape products available for both the replacement of cigs and the enjoyment of vape. The important issue is to not smoke. Don't be shy about asking questions, the experts here have helped me a lot.

Congrats on your journey.

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
Even though I've moved on to bigger and "better" vape setups, I still have my original Mark 10 battery and cartridges, which I've learned to refill with my own nic juice. It's a nice little thing, and I'll buy another when its time for it to give up its ghost. The fancy gear isn't always better... just different. Glad you found something you like. :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Kluj - I WANT YOUR JOB!!!!!!! :lol:

Seriously - good for you! If *YOU* like your "alternative to smoking" (a.k.a. VAPE :D) that's all that should matter. I have shinyitus, and I want what some of the other folks are using. Some of my acquisitions have been amazing choices - others, not what I want in my vape journey. Just because something works for someone else does NOT mean it will work for me (or you).

Best wishes on all the new things (job, finding the Vuse, etc.) :vapor::toast:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
It's all good... so long as you find something that you like that effectively gets you off of the smokes! One of my guilty vaping pleasures is an Amanoo Mini. Not sure why, but I quite like the little guy. I have much better setups laying about, and my vape of choice 90% of the time is my Ego One/Subtank Nano kit, but there's just something about it.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi Kluj and welcome aboard!

I think it's fantasic that you've found something you like and keeps you off the cigarettes. Doesn't matter WHAT it is. Liking it and keeping off the smokes is all that matters. Good for you! :toast:

As for "vaping", let's invent a new term. What do you think of "AND'ing" (Alternatitive Nicotine Delivering)?

Kind of a stretch, but it might catch on.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Welcome to ECF. Great to hear that you found gear you like on your first try. Go with it. Everyone has to find what works for them personally. You will get lots of people telling you to buy this or use that, bigger and better and more. You do what works for you.

I stuck with my original Spinner/Evod/dripper setup for the first 6 months. It took me that long to know I would not smoke again and to find juices that I really liked. Once I knew that, I was ready to upgrade to a more permanent setup, of course a lot more expensive, but by then I was ready.

Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions you have. There are many experienced vapers (and new ones) that will help you with answers. We love that about being part of ECF. Have fun, explore all the different Forums and keep posting. The posting and interacting with other people who are or have been where you are is a big key to success.

Here is an older thread that has many great links to information you may/should be able to use now.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...op-reference-shop-new-experienced-vapers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread