I had to pay return postage to Joyetech for defective new unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

theamuse

Jan 22, 2013
Un
I'm not a new vaper, but when the eGip came out [which is being sold as a great unit for a beginner] I thought I'd give it a try. My unit work great for a week, then it needed to be charged. After the charge, it wouldn't work!

I contacted the web-site I had bought it from. They said that they had been informed by joyetech that there were defective units out there. They gave me the contact info for joyetech. Here's where it gets sad and weird. joyetech customer service tells me that since I didn't buy the unit from them, that I had to pay for the return postage. How does that make any sense? I spend $70 for the unit and have to pay nearly $10 to send the clearly defective unit in for repair. Does this mean, if you buy any Joyetech product, not from Joyetech, the customer will have to pay the postage in order for them to honor their warranty? Has anyone out there had this problem?

Beginners, beware. I know a lot of you are using Joyetech products. Make sure you ask who is going to pay for return postage to get it fixed [even if it is only one week old].

Thea

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Not the first vendor to pass the buck to the manufacturer. unfortunately it seems a lot of companies are doing this now (even high street vendors)

You could press the vendor to accept the return of the product, or at least give you store credit or something. Maybe talk to a manager... I'm reaching here, I don't think you'll get anywhere and will have no option but to eat the cost of shipping it back to Joyetech.

For me, your beef is with the vendor. If it's only been a week they should make it right.

Sorry you are having a tough time with it.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Beginners, beware. I know a lot of you are using Joyetech products. Make sure you ask who is going to pay for return postage to get it fixed [even if it is only one week old].

Thea

Always read the small print. Many good vendors will pay for return postage of a defective unit--others won't. But most will tell you upfront what the terms of service and warranty are. If you don't want to pay for return postage, don't order from vendors who don't provide that service.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
This isn't a simple issue and the matter of who pays what for shipping comes down to what State you live in and the consumer protection laws in your State of residence, and who is responsible for the device while it is still under warranty - the supplier or the manufacturer. The only way to know your obligations is to ask a Consumer Protection department at your Attorney General's office. When it comes to different countries such as the OP's situation - I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread