I don't generally do intro's, however......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuB³

Nov 10, 2013
West Yorkshire
:evil: .....Hi.
What to say.

I joined because of the search feature. I realised that the site has a lot of useful info and perspectives and it's a pain when you can't search it effectively, but out of common decency I thought it is only right to show my face :p

Relevant stuff about m

I feel all at home again in the realms of V=I*R and P=I*V.

I first tried cig a likes probably 4 or 5 years ago and they were too much hassle, I bought another about 2 years ago and they were still too much hassle.

On the 27th of September, I had been suffering with a two month bout of recurrent tonsillitis which began to worry me and I wanted to cut down smoking costs, even though I absolutely adored smoking...On that day I bought an eGo style battery with a few ce4's and 3 bottles of juice.

On that very same day I cut my smoking habit from 20 to 8. I continued to knock a few cigarettes from my daily routine to the point of where I was 1 a day at which point I chose not to renew my cigarette packet subscription. I celebrate my 28th day without combustible smokes on Tuesday and I'm amazed that this vaping lark seems to have got me there after two decades of utter addiction. The thing that is possibly worrying is how easy it's been up to yet (Despite chain vaping like a demon).

My journey to date has seen me acquire 2 ego devices, the second the passthrough was required, the third was an eGo vv v2, then I got a Vamo V5 which is doing my bidding for now.

I've played with a few tanks, I like my Vivi Nova, I've a few DCT style copy thingies which aren't dual coiled and don't impress me, I've got an Evod copy bottom coil job which I don't dislike, but the Nova was better.....I also have a Genesis style tank that I can get to fire up, but my build style and materials probably need work on because the first few attempts have been unpalatable.

I'm set to attempt DIYing some juices as I think that is the way forward....Plus I think I can do better alone :p (No I'm not being big headed, but I've vapes more than a few flavours I don't like over the last weeks, after tobacco juice that tasted more like digestives, I figure my attempts can't be any worse lol).

I realise the amount of variables in this new found hobby sometimes require experienced guidance and opinion....This place seems good to study and question it and I have no doubt that a lot of people on this particular site have a lot of good info to give.

Did I mention I love vaping?

SuB³:evil:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. good story. Congrats on making the switch. If you want to look into making your own ejuice then start here
lots of good info and ejuice calculators to help with the measuring.

DIY E-Liquid

You will need 5 post in this thread to be able to post elsewhere on the forum. So stay and chat with us and you will have them in no time.
Good luck

:)

SuB³

Nov 10, 2013
West Yorkshire
I'll be sticking around......I've been lurking on a daily basis anyway.
@Asbestos4004, Thx.....Yeah, I've noticed a certain air to the mentions of the Provari. At this early point I'm sort of at a cost wall with it especially when people are asking me if I'm actually saving money after stopping smoking XD

@Sugar_and_Spice...Thx again.
The ejuice forum will come in useful, I am commited to buying the bits in a few weeks, however, there will be a few questions without doubt as I find there are a few details that need filling in before I purchase (although, that search feature will possibly answer them).

Btw.....I know there are a few spelling errors in that first post....I'm finding the posting and editing a bit of a struggle on the mobile browser.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
SuB³;11246209 said:
I'll be sticking around......I've been lurking on a daily basis anyway.
@Asbestos4004, Thx.....Yeah, I've noticed a certain air to the mentions of the Provari. At this early point I'm sort of at a cost wall with it especially when people are asking me if I'm actually saving money after stopping smoking XD

@Sugar_and_Spice...Thx again.
The ejuice forum will come in useful, I am commited to buying the bits in a few weeks, however, there will be a few questions without doubt as I find there are a few details that need filling in before I purchase (although, that search feature will possibly answer them).

Btw.....I know there are a few spelling errors in that first post....I'm finding the posting and editing a bit of a struggle on the mobile browser.
Don't worry about spelling, we all have made those kinds of errors. We will get what you mean anyway.
good idea to read thru the DIY section many, many times. You will always find something useful.

And I think I burst RedNBlack bubble about me. gosh, didn't mean to. He just learned I owned provari's and I think he is taken aback a bit. Not sure why, cause I am not an in your face kind of person. Altho, I do get enjoyment out of helping those asking for it. Even him. LOL

Obiwandoc

Nov 10, 2013
Illinois
Your story is nearly an exact copy of mine.
I found the iclear 30s has worked very well on top of the ego twists.
My Vamo V5 is waiting to be x-rayed in Hong Kong customs right now, hopefully it will make it to me before Christmas.
DIY juice is also the direction I am going. I figure that once the US government figures out how to tax the juice, the cost may become prohibitive.

SuB³

Nov 10, 2013
West Yorkshire
Don't worry about spelling, we all have made those kinds of errors. We will get what you mean anyway.
good idea to read thru the DIY section many, many times. You will always find something useful.

And I think I burst RedNBlack bubble about me. gosh, didn't mean to. He just learned I owned provari's and I think he is taken aback a bit. Not sure why, cause I am not an in your face kind of person. Altho, I do get enjoyment out of helping those asking for it. Even him. LOL

The spelling always worries me because I'm and obsessive proof reader, the edit button has always been a good friend....Possibly a worse habit to kick than smoking.

I admit, the Provari debate has my interest...I gather it is a quality mod, but I sit on how much can you improve Ohms law?
Saying that, I'm was known for throwing money at reference hifi separates in pursuit of the best experience and my quest with vaping has quickly become that obsession with looking for the best vaping experience I can get. Whether that quest is a fools game, I've yet to find out....

@WillyZ...Thx. I'll most likely attempt to put something useful back once I know I can walk lol

SuB³

Nov 10, 2013
West Yorkshire
Your story is nearly an exact copy of mine.
I found the iclear 30s has worked very well on top of the ego twists.
My Vamo V5 is waiting to be x-rayed in Hong Kong customs right now, hopefully it will make it to me before Christmas.
DIY juice is also the direction I am going. I figure that once the US government figures out how to tax the juice, the cost may become prohibitive.

The V5 has been worth every penny over the 9 days I've had it....No regrets regarding the purchase even though I had reservations over whether I really needed it.

The government is another reason I'm looking at the DIY, so snap!
From the city I live in, I'm seeing a lot of conversion to vaping and the chatter of health concerns, vaping and health advisors missing the obvious wider picture isn't painting the easy and cheap future that should be available to it.
I think personally that the eventual outcome will be one that wont benefit the consumer beyond better health in their choice in vaping, however, I hope I'm wrong.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
SuB³;11246637 said:
The spelling always worries me because I'm and obsessive proof reader, the edit button has always been a good friend....Possibly a worse habit to kick than smoking.

I admit, the Provari debate has my interest...I gather it is a quality mod, but I sit on how much can you improve Ohms law?
Saying that, I'm was known for throwing money at reference hifi separates in pursuit of the best experience and my quest with vaping has quickly become that obsession with looking for the best vaping experience I can get. Whether that quest is a fools game, I've yet to find out....

Take a look at provape.com site. It is an american made mod and the quality cannot be beat, imo. Also, you can look at the provari forum here at ecf and read what Red is talking about. Just don't tell him I sent ya. LOL

SuB³

Nov 10, 2013
West Yorkshire
I just joined today also. Been vaping for about a year now. I've been on this forum before just never officially joined until now,

Hi SteelReserve....I'd say welcome, but I haven't took my jacket off yet
When someone with a years vaping experience joins, it's a testimony as to how much learning there is to be had on this forum.
Here's to good banter, learning and quality vaping.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Last edited:

SuB³

Nov 10, 2013
West Yorkshire
Take a look at provape.com site. It is an american made mod and the quality cannot be beat, imo. Also, you can look at the provari forum here at ecf and read what Red is talking about. Just don't tell him I sent ya. LOL

I'll definitely look into it....The technical side as well as the debate has my interest massively. I looked it up a few days ago and backed off on price, but if I can find justification I may gift myself in the near future...

@spaceballsrules
Hi and thx.
The name?
It harks back to my old forum days and is a variation of a name I've always gone by on the interwebz.
It was initially based on the name of a 'made up drug' from a UK mock current affairs program called 'Brass Eye' by a guy called Chris Morris (The director of a well known film called Four Lions).
'Triple Sub' was a misheard reference btw....The correct term was 'triple sod', but I got to like the name. Variation came from Sub*3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlsmO_3xRwY

Sub3 just looks more pleasing when I present it as SuB³ and is generally never in use providing it isn't an illegal character.

Last edited:

SuB³

Nov 10, 2013
West Yorkshire
It's not nice to lurk. :oops:
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be a wall flower. The door is always open and Always something to chat about. A very warm vapor welcome to all the Noobs.:toast:

I'm here in the open now, although it was only going to be a matter of time lol.
If I'm honest, 6 weeks ago I didn't expect to get bitten by the vaping subject so hard and even now possibly have the feeling it's a fad waiting to wear off at which point I fall back to smoking (Which I really don't want to do) or just stop vaping (Which at this point I also don't want to do).

My mind is sort of in conflict over vaping and its long term sustainability, but seeing people who've been enjoying it for so long suggests personally it wont go away easily regardless of what anyone throws at it.....The other thing that bugs me about it is I still feel that there is something 'wrong' about enjoying vaping.....Silly? Possibly, but something I will no doubt get over in time.
Btw, thx for the welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread