• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

"I Desire Mercy, Not Sacrifice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Matthew Chapter 5

"Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them. He said:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Lisa......where are the bananas??????? It's not you without the dancing bananas!!!!

The Beatitudes speak my language! Love them, love them, love them. Matthew is my favorite Gospel.:wub:

I confess, I don't do well on long posts. I know I should be more patient, but oh well. That could be an ADD thing, even though I've never been diagnosed with it!:laugh: But, I will tell you a true story, and this will show beyond a shadow of a doubt how 'clayish' my feet are:

My folks got me to going to this small church when I moved back home (for the umptheenth time) back in 1985. I got saved in this church one month later......like Carman's song, I got 'Radically Saved.' I loved my church and it was growing in leaps and bounds over the years as it, in my opinion, is like a beacon to the unsaved.....and it still is. It is THE largest church in Meridian. When my health started falling by the wayside, getting worse, I was never called, I was never visited. I still got a yearly birthday card. My folks continued to go until they couldn't. To make a long story longer, as my Daddy used to say :laugh:, I got my feelings hurt as I always tithed and I loved that church. So I became frumpy about it. It was like a small pebble in my shoe. The longer I walked on it, the more frumpy I got. The church is so big that I fell through the cracks. This went on for years. Recently, my husband said that I needed to get this squared away and forgive the church, and I did. The animosity is gone. No church is 100%. None. So, allow God to direct your path and remember a church's feet are made of clay as well. As one Evangelist put it, 'I'd rather go to church with hypocrites than to hell with them.':blink:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Lisa......where are the bananas??????? It's not you without the dancing bananas!!!!

The Beatitudes speak my language! Love them, love them, love them. Matthew is my favorite Gospel.:wub:

I confess, I don't do well on long posts. I know I should be more patient, but oh well. That could be an ADD thing, even though I've never been diagnosed with it!:laugh: But, I will tell you a true story, and this will show beyond a shadow of a doubt how 'clayish' my feet are:

My folks got me to going to this small church when I moved back home (for the umptheenth time) back in 1985. I got saved in this church one month later......like Carman's song, I got 'Radically Saved.' I loved my church and it was growing in leaps and bounds over the years as it, in my opinion, is like a beacon to the unsaved.....and it still is. It is THE largest church in Meridian. When my health started falling by the wayside, getting worse, I was never called, I was never visited. I still got a yearly birthday card. My folks continued to go until they couldn't. To make a long story longer, as my Daddy used to say :laugh:, I got my feelings hurt as I always tithed and I loved that church. So I became frumpy about it. It was like a small pebble in my shoe. The longer I walked on it, the more frumpy I got. The church is so big that I fell through the cracks. This went on for years. Recently, my husband said that I needed to get this squared away and forgive the church, and I did. The animosity is gone. No church is 100%. None. So, allow God to direct your path and remember a church's feet are made of clay as well. As one Evangelist put it, 'I'd rather go to church with hypocrites than to hell with them.':blink:

I applaud this post!

Amen! ... but I've said it to people bashing the hypocrites in Church this way;

"I'd rather go to HEAVEN with all those hypocrites than to HELL with all you sinners!" :lol:

(true story).... man did this ever hush them up..... :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I must be reading this post incorrectly as I don't understand. Am I having a blonde moment???? 8-o 'Heavens to mercatroid' ......... not another one....:blush:

There won't be any 'quiet life' to have once the ol' P.O.P is loosed.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOPS!!!! :blush:

Did I say that? :p

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
I meant to post this the other day...

It's not JUST about what we may or may not get FROM a church that is our only concern. We usually look at the hypocrites in churches or legalism or whatever, but many times overlook what we could possibly provide TO a church.

We each have spiritual gifts. God intends us to use those gifts as we minister not only to sinners, but to other saints! So if we're not involved with a body of believers, then we're missing an opportunity to serve God, and perhaps to make that church congregation a better place than it was without us.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com

It's not JUST about what we may or may not get FROM a church that is our only concern. We usually look at the hypocrites in churches or legalism or whatever, but many times overlook what we could possibly provide TO a church.

We each have spiritual gifts. God intends us to use those gifts as we minister not only to sinners, but to other saints! So if we're not involved with a body of believers, then we're missing an opportunity to serve God, and perhaps to make that church congregation a better place than it was without us.

Yes! Amen. :thumbs:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi

You are absolutely correct, Jason. You could even use JFK's comment about the church:

"Ask not, what your church can do for you, but ask what you can do for your church." The p.o.p. infiltrates true Christian churches, to try and split and defile the congregation, and we just let him. That doesn't even make any sense, does it? If we don't take a stand for truth, we contribute to taking a stand for nothing.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread