I can't believe I'm not smoking cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayBans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Southern California
Like I said, I'm sure I'll eventually become a more sophisticated vapor smoker, but since I'm still new, the look of the ego setup and similar ones just seems a little weird to me at the moment. Besides, I probably gave big tobacco upwards of 50000 bucks. I have no problem giving a vapor company a little bit of money for a while :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping Rob. eGo twists with a mini vivi nova are a good way to start, then you will be making your own juice, then you will be searching for the next best thing. It doesn't matter you are saving money and your health. Congrats!

Roselie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
California
My story is very similiar. Started with Blu, just not enough nicotene and bought a pack of cigarettes 4 days later. The best I could say with that is there was more potential with e-cigs than anything else I've tried to quit cigs permanently. I was encouraged. Did a little research, settled on a V2 starter pack and nursed that pack of cigs until my kit showed up. I don't care too much for their flavors but can't fault them for their quality/service. I graduated to an ego setup and just got my MVP 2 a couple of days ago. Threw my Protank II on it and love it!

Although V2 wasn't my favorite, I probably owe them a big thanks because I haven't touched a cig since it arrived in the mail :).

Congrats on quitting and keep it up! I'm sure you'll find something you'll love. :toast:

Bholler

Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Hi Rob

Same story with me. Smoked a pack and 1/2 a day for 30 years. Started with the blu and v2 about a month ago. I liked them but was still smoking a pack a day at least. My boyfriend and I ordered the Halo Triton tank system. It is awesome but I don't like the size of it(too big). I want to feel like I'm smoking a cigarette so I'm going to do the Halo g6 with the mini tank. I ordered that today. The tribecca is the only flavor I actually like from the tobacco sample pack. But just a week on the Triton I am down to a pack a week.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
Congrats, Rob!

I had a similar experience. My wife asked me to quit with her. She switched to a Vapor King ciga-like, and it seems to be working well for her. She went straight to 0 nic. Still says she wants a stinky ever now and then. Me, on the other hand... I bought a Kanger VV starter kit, and some 18mg juice. I have never looked back. I don't want a stinky. I am done with them.

Since you are local, I would highly recommend that you take a ride to Vape Dojo in Ellicott City and take a look at the Kanger starter kit. It's a quality set with 2 mini pro tanks (v2) 2 variable voltage 650mA batteries, and a charger. It will get you going and last for a while before you'll need to update. I am thinking about picking up a second set for the extra tanks, batteries, and a charger to leave in my car.

Good Luck!
Michael

rob_in_md

Nov 16, 2013
Maryland
Just a minor update here.

First of all, thanks for all the replies, suggestions, words of encouragement, etc.

I've made my first minor upgrade. My local liquor store actually had V2 rechargeables for sale, 12.99. I was hesitant because honestly, I wasn't too impressed with the V2 disposable, but I went ahead and bought it anyway, along with a pack of 5 Red 1.8 cartridges for 10 bucks. I must say that the rechargeable is WAY better than the disposable. MUCH better hit.

With tax, it came to about 25 bucks. This is what I spend on regular cigarettes in 4 days. Now, I'm not expecting 6 cartridges to last me for 4 days, no matter what they say on the packaging, but at 10 bucks for 5 cartridges, if I buy a pack every other day, I'm definitely ahead money wise. But really, that's besides the point.

I'm happy I didn't buy a starter kit for $35. With the the way I've been reading into this whole vaping thing the past few days, I'm sure it's probably going to become a minor hobby and I doubt I'll still be smoking cig-a-likes by the end of the year. But I did buy a 5 pack of Sahara 2.4 from the V2 website. $1 off coupon, free shipping option, 8.95. Hope I like them. While I'm waiting I'll be buying the V2 5 packs of Red 1.8 at 10 bucks.

MD_boater, it's funny because I have been on the Vape Dojo website a few times checking things out and had no idea they were in Maryland. It's not exactly local as I'm all the way out in Hagerstown but if I'm in the area I'll definitely stop by. There is a place called Vast Vapor about 15 minutes away from here in Pennsylvania, right over the state line. They have a decent looking website and I think they have a brick and mortar store as well, but I'm not sure. As I'm new, I can't exactly make sense of the products on the website or if they are reasonably priced or not.

Oh, I also got the free sample Njoy from their website, 2.99 shipping, because those things are just damned nifty. If they were priced at 3 bucks, I'd buy them ALL the time.

We are similar in that we are both starting with the blu ecig. It was bought for me. I will eventually move on to the more "advanced" vaping as well. Until then like you I will be doing a lot of homework.

Battery life does seem to suck for the blues. I've ordered a pass through to keep in the car as a back up method for my nicotine fits. :laugh:

Yeah I don't plan on getting another blue. If anything this: Innokin iTaste MVP2 may be my next purchase. But only time and more research plus monetary means will ultimately decide the next move for me. I saw in another post where you replied about being located in hagerstown. I had been up there a couple of months ago for a metal show.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
V, I've definitely heard good things about the MVP but I'm just not ready to smoke out of a box just yet.

Congrats and welcome. Since you like the thin look, check out Halo's G6 system.

At $45, it'll pay for itself over disposables fairly quick. And battery life is superb. And buy a mini tank or 2 and discover the world of flavors!!! The little tank works great, and the flavor is much better than the cartos, IMHO.

Don't forget, there's always a coupon somewhere.

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
I'm in the same boat as you man. I bought the e-cig mid last week and Ive only had TWO since buying it. And it's great for keeping all those people from bumming off me at work, all around good deal. Granted I've only been smoking for about 3 years. But still, not reaching for one feels great!

I'll always remember the day ... August 3rd, 2013 ... about 1:30 in the afternoon my son (who had been vaping about 4 months or so) took me to a local vape shop. I walked in confused and bedazzled by all the stuff they had in there. Sat down at a table and asked what a popular flavor was. The salesman dripped me some Lotus Razberry. I took one hit and remember thinking, "damn, this is good". Immediately afterward I got this big grin on my face thinking, "I'll NEVER have to smoke a cigarette again." I haven't either. Not since that day. I immediately lost any desire for a smoke. I had been a pack a day smoker for 44 years.

So it's really cool that you're here. I actually just signed up today. I started out with a Vision Spinner 1300 and a Kanger tank. Now I'm up to a Kanger Pro Tank II and have FINALLY found a flavor I really love. It makes me sick to think of the hold Big Tobacco had on me all those years. Best of luck on your new path.

Ed :toast:

Congrats Rob. I was similar- bought an ecig to give it a go, hoping at best to not smoke at work anymore (believe me, where I work and what I do, it's not good to be a smoker- but I was so addicted I couldn't last 2 hrs without one!). I had my last analogue a few days later & now I can't stand the smell of them. It's the first time ( of about 10 times) that I've " given up" without giving anything up!! And as a pckt of smokes here (Australia) is about $22 I would struggle to spend more on vaping than I did on smoking! Vape on...and on...and on...!!

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Hi Rob

Same story with me. Smoked a pack and 1/2 a day for 30 years. Started with the blu and v2 about a month ago. I liked them but was still smoking a pack a day at least. My boyfriend and I ordered the Halo Triton tank system. It is awesome but I don't like the size of it(too big). I want to feel like I'm smoking a cigarette so I'm going to do the Halo g6 with the mini tank. I ordered that today. The tribecca is the only flavor I actually like from the tobacco sample pack. But just a week on the Triton I am down to a pack a week.

Hey Bholler! Good to see another Halo person. If you can, come hang out with us 'Halons' in the Halo sub forum. We're just a bunch of crazy people who love our Halo products! Happy vaping!

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
I feel the same way! We jumped into ecigs with an EGo and loved it. My BF and I haven't touched an analog all week and are completely hooked on vaping! We've already ordered juice from 7 different suppliers and can't wait to try them all!

Also a big welcome and congrats to you and you BF! I'm a little over 2mos. in and I think it's just wonderful! Always glad to see new people. This is an excellent place to learn things. Keep it up, it only gets better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread