I apologize but here's my new Provari review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
Ouch. Still, if you got to show it, the date went well!

Mine said, "I don't normally do this sort of thing".

I have to stifle my urge to say, "Wow, I have never heard that before!"

*sarcastically* oh. Is this supposed to be a polite forum? Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Size? Color? LED Color? Details and pictures are required so that we may experience vicarious thrills.

No photos as I do not have it yet - but I just got my tracking number!

I am boring...

Bought the regular ProVari 'satin silver', with the extended cap, blue LED, charger, one of each size battery = $$$

I *am* thinking about a 'wrap', but would like to hear, read feedback on them? Also - I had it in my head that going with the silver would show less 'use' - but perhaps that is dumb thinking on my part? I assume it is the same 'finish' as the other colors now, just a color choice, in which case I was dumb not to go blue, red, or zombie~!

And when the zombies do come, remember, I only must out-run you...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
No photos as I do not have it yet - but I just got my tracking number!

I am boring...

Bought the regular ProVari 'satin silver', with the extended cap, blue LED, charger, one of each size battery = $$$

I *am* thinking about a 'wrap', but would like to hear, read feedback on them? Also - I had it in my head that going with the silver would show less 'use' - but perhaps that is dumb thinking on my part? I assume it is the same 'finish' as the other colors now*, just a color choice, in which case I was dumb not to go blue, red, or zombie~!

And when the zombies do come, remember, I only must out-run you...

I have two satin silver minis with blue (2.0 & 2.5), no ext cap. When I went to buy my second one, I considered getting black, but after doing some research found that satin silver shows less wear than the painted ones.

Another thing about the satin silvers is that they don't show adhesive residue either. I was wrapping mine a lot, and although residual adhesive won't damage any of the finishes, I didn't want to have to put much effort into cleaning them.

I have a clear J-Wrap somewhere, but I only used it to check my own pattern. Mine turned out nice and the pictures I've seen of commercial ones are pretty. I keep mine in Serenity sleeves now, which are too tight to go over a wrap.

ETA: *The satin silvers are bead-blasted stainless steel. I thought it had a coating over it, it feels to me like it might, but I've been told there is no coating and what I feel is just the texture. The colored ones are cerakote; the polished is polished stainless steel without a base of top coat.

Last edited:

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
If i had the skills i would have made it so! I also wanted to add 'because you dont have a provari' after the word 'sad'. ;)

Ummm, paging Princess Ocelot...

Where is your "Challenge Accepted!" post to equip all the minions with ProVaris?!?!

th_ongeduld.gif

ETA: I see Comma-Comma-Comma-Comma-Comma-KaHolly was thinking that same thing I was...just a lot earlier.

BTW, no offense Holly...it's just that counting the number of commas you used in one of previous posts - by saying "Comma" out loud - caused Kajagoogoo to pop up in my brain. :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Well, then it sounds like my reasons for choosing silver weren't so dumb. Am thinking long life, and am hoping for less possible scratches, etc...

The colors are sweet, but I fear 'wear'. The blue, red, and zombie really attract my notice.

I keep mine in sleeves all the time, so the color doesn't show anyway, except just around the button.

ugkq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread