Hypnotic mist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent tried the zebra stripe gum, but have some on the way. As far as Hypnotic and Mountain Mist, both are citrusy so they will need a couple days. Hypnotic is tough to desribe, citrusy but not, flowery but not not...I guess you could say its a clean type of vape. Not over powering flavor, but kind of light and airy...its one that would be a good all day vape. The mountain Mist to me tastes just like Mountain Dew, and like the Hypnotic, its not an over powering flavor.

chr1s234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm not tellin'
To me the Hypnotic tastes like a mix of waffle, orange, and something else very faint. I get a waffley type taste on the initial inhale then the citrus starts hitting me, I'm pretty sure there's some orange in the citrus flavor, on exhale I get mostly citrus and a little bit of a phantom flavor, I know it's there, I just don't know what it is lol. Maybe Lavender or Zen garden.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
Just got my juice and all I can say is OMG(osh)! The hypnotic mist is sooooo good! right now, to me it tastes like Sierra Mist soda, but I broke out a new atty for this flavor and it hasn't steeped yet. I'll know in a few days if it's gonna be an all day vape, but I can already tell that it stands a really good chance. One thing I know for sure is that Vaporbomb is my new go to juice supplier.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
For anyone interested, hypnotic mist also has been added to the diacetyl list on flavourarts diacetyl disclosure page. (Flavourart.biz)

Does VB use flavourart in the liquids? While I don't have a huge concern with diacetyl, it's always nice to know if it's present. I personally wouldn't make a liquid my primary vape if it has diacetyl in it only cause I chain vape, but I have no fear in vaping liquids with it a few times a week.

This is not meant to start another diacetyl discussion cause I personally don't care if others fanatically fear it or not...to each his own. I just would like to know if VB's hypnotic mist is made with flavourart so I can decide whether or not to chain vape it. I would personally feel better.

Mutt, I was recently given a liquid from the PIF forum called Mutt Mix. It's a minty citrus flavor....It's pretty good. Is it your creation?

After posting this I found the discussion on the subject in the VB forum.

Last edited:
Does VB use flavourart in the liquids? While I don't have a huge concern with diacetyl, it's always nice to know if it's present. I personally wouldn't make a liquid my primary vape if it has diacetyl in it only cause I chain vape, but I have no fear in vaping liquids with it a few times a week.

This is not meant to start another diacetyl discussion cause I personally don't care if others fanatically fear it or not...to each his own. I just would like to know if VB's hypnotic mist is made with flavourart so I can decide whether or not to chain vape it. I would personally feel better.

Mutt, I was recently given a liquid from the PIF forum called Mutt Mix. It's a minty citrus flavor....It's pretty good. Is it your creation?

After posting this I found the discussion on the subject in the VB forum.

It is my creation...its regular apple flavor (not green apple), cinnamon (not cinnabomb) and menthol. Thats one that was my all day vape but got burnt out on it. At the moment my top 3 flavors are the cinnadanishswirl, the green apple and thanks to 0smitty, watermelon has become a favorite. The Mutt mix was pretty much a flop as far as flavors go. I liked it, a few others liked it, but overall, I think most didnt like it. That was my first try at mixing flavors and trying to get a signature flavor on the VB website.

Back to the diacetyl, I am like you, dont care whats in the juice. For diacetyl to affect you, you would have to vape it straight, by the gallon. The few parts per million of diacetyl in the flavoring, diluted by the rest of the ingredients, probably end up making the diacetyl measured in parts per BILLION, meaning that there is no way me or anyone else here on the forum could ever vape enough to be harmful. So unless someone is going to take a flavoring, drink it by the gallon, its pretty much a dead subject as far as i am concerned. And like Industrial said in another thread, we werent worried about what went into our cigarettes and if we were worried, we still bought and smoked them.

I would say to the few people out there making a fuss over it, if you are that scared of diacetyl, sell off your vaping supplies and go buy yourself a pack of Marlboro reds.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
It is my creation...its regular apple flavor (not green apple), cinnamon (not cinnabomb) and menthol. Thats one that was my all day vape but got burnt out on it. At the moment my top 3 flavors are the cinnadanishswirl, the green apple and thanks to 0smitty, watermelon has become a favorite. The Mutt mix was pretty much a flop as far as flavors go. I liked it, a few others liked it, but overall, I think most didnt like it. That was my first try at mixing flavors and trying to get a signature flavor on the VB website.

Back to the diacetyl, I am like you, dont care whats in the juice. For diacetyl to affect you, you would have to vape it straight, by the gallon. The few parts per million of diacetyl in the flavoring, diluted by the rest of the ingredients, probably end up making the diacetyl measured in parts per BILLION, meaning that there is no way me or anyone else here on the forum could ever vape enough to be harmful. So unless someone is going to take a flavoring, drink it by the gallon, its pretty much a dead subject as far as i am concerned. And like Industrial said in another thread, we werent worried about what went into our cigarettes and if we were worried, we still bought and smoked them.

I would say to the few people out there making a fuss over it, if you are that scared of diacetyl, sell off your vaping supplies and go buy yourself a pack of Marlboro reds.

I thought the Mutt Mix was pretty good. It's not an all day vape, but there are times I'm in the mood to vape it.

I agree with your point on diacetyl. we smoked knowing and not knowing what we were smoking and smoked it anyway. Even if there a risk with the diacetyl, it is still much less of a risk than the crap that's in analogs.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Back on topic... Hypnotic Mist

I got some VB Hypnotic Mist from a classified purchase. It was already a few weeks old when I got it and I did not use it for a few more weeks so we will say it was about 2 months old when I started using it. I liked it, so I ordered some from VB. There are some major differences in the new bottle. I need some help from people that have used HM for a while. Below are my thoughts and some questions.

Both bottles are 18 MG and 20% VG - 80% PG.

First, the color is completely different. The old bottle is very yellow. The new bottle is mostly clear with a slight pink tint to it. Has anyone had a bottle of HM last long enough to watch it go from pink to bright yellow?

Second, the throat hit on the new bottle is much stronger. The old bottle had little to no throat hit at all. I could take a good 8 second drag and barely feel it. The new bottle hits me hard at about 5 seconds. Almost to the point of being harsh by the time I get to 8 seconds. Has anyone noticed that the TH of hypnotic mist gets milder with age?

And finally, has anyone had any issues ordering different sizes of Hypnotic Mist? Meaning, a 10 ML bottle was good but a 30 ML bottle was not or anything like that. I ask because depending on the answers here, I may buy a 30 ML and just put it away for a month or so. I wouldn't want to open a 30 ML after a month and find an issue with it then.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread