Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeSoniq

Jun 15, 2011
DMV
If it is cracking it is probably acrylic and not polycarbonate (lexan). I would order some poly tubing and just cut a new piece, and replace the one you have.
Dan
I did order polycarbonate, it gave the same result as the stock tube. I'm just going to switch juices at this point.

And we talked about sanding and flame polishing the ends too.

I picked up and tried using Rigid cutter last night, it squeezed the tube quite a bit before actually cutting and while it made a clean cut, it wouldn't cut straight. I evened the edges out with a dremel grinding stone and sanded down with 600 grit paper until smooth and almost completely clear, carefully melted the edges after with a lighter. I filled it, used it for the remainder the evening and let it sit over night. This morning I awoke to cracks considerably larger than what I had when I used a hacksaw. At this point I'm guessing the compression of the tube from the cutter is doing more structural damage than the hacksaw method. I'm gonna try again with both the hacksaw and the cutter after my non-wintergreen juice arrives.

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
I did order polycarbonate, it gave the same result as the stock tube. I'm just going to switch juices at this point.

I picked up and tried using Rigid cutter last night, it squeezed the tube quite a bit before actually cutting and while it made a clean cut, it wouldn't cut straight. I evened the edges out with a dremel grinding stone and sanded down with 600 grit paper until smooth and almost completely clear, carefully melted the edges after with a lighter. I filled it, used it for the remainder the evening and let it sit over night. This morning I awoke to cracks considerably larger than what I had when I used a hacksaw. At this point I'm guessing the compression of the tube from the cutter is doing more structural damage than the hacksaw method. I'm gonna try again with both the hacksaw and the cutter after my non-wintergreen juice arrives.

Me thinks your right.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
before you cut the tube slip something inside. for example i had an old M401 battery tube that just fit snug inswide and then you can take the ruigid cutter and turn it and iut will cut even steven. u can use a m401 a 306 carto will slip inside. 510 atty will fit but its tight. youy could use a wooden dowel, a rounded pencil. try taht and then post bacjk. i just cut a bunch of tubes cause im trying some stuff out. good luck

VapeSoniq

Jun 15, 2011
DMV
i stuffed the tube with rolled up newspaper and rocked it back and forth with moderate pressure and it worked perfectly. Purposely used the other end of the tube that hadnt been compressed unless the place i bought it from did in their cutting process. I will probably finish it with the sandpaper, flame finish the egdes and fill with a new batch of juice. i will let yawl know how it goes.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
My 2 cents worth:
I cut with a fret saw and mider box, very precise and very fine tooth saw. But My problem (before I learned about the sanding and flameing) was that if I knocked it over or dropped it, It would start to crack about 3 days latter. and the crack would grow and grow till I replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread