• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a row boat and says "get in, get in!" The religious man replies, " No I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle and save me."

Later the water is up to his waist and a speed boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, the Coast Guard comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant me a miracle and save me."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God.

He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and St. Peter asks "What are you doing here?" The man replied, "I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you a row boat, a speed boat, the Coast Guard and a helicopter."

Last edited:

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a row boat and says "get in, get in!" The religious man replies, " No I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle and save me."

Later the water is up to his waist and a speed boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, the Coast Guard comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant me a miracle and save me."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God.

He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and St. Peter asks "What are you doing here?" The man replied, "I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you a row boat, a speed boat, the Coast Guard and a helicopter."

I'd say that sounds about right.

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
LOL...that's funny! :)

How have you been? You disappeared for a while!

Thanks Lisa! All is well here.... no complaints and I hope you are well also! That other thread gave me plenty to think about and I didn't want to belabor any of the points.....

Glad you liked the joke... we all have to watch for our boats and helicopters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread