Humco Glycerin USP@ walmart online, 2 different bottles, are they the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
When we go to the Walmart in another town I buy a bottle of Humco USP Glycerine(Pure Natural Vegetable Based). I been using it for over a year, cost $3.88/6oz. Instead of driving 25 miles to buy it I see Walmart online sells what looks like 2 different Humco Glycerin USP, at least the labels are different. Anyone every order either from Walmart online?

This one cost $3.88 at Walmart online but in the specifics it says synthetic so its probably not vegetable.
Humco Glycerin USP Skin Protectant, 6 oz - Walmart.com
412743710.jpg

This one looks exactly like the same label as the one I buy at the Walmart store but online its about 3 times as much(2 for $21.91) as what I pay at Walmart. Also it does not say Pure Natural Vegetable Based and In the specifics it has no info on material.
Humco Glycerin USP 6 oz (Pack of 2) - Walmart.com
412743709.jpg

Here is what I buy at Walmart store, I assume its all Vegetable.
412743763.jpg

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
tks for the replies I appreciate them.

I order my 100mg Nic, PG, and flavoring from Wizard labs, never ordered from any other online store. There is not to many online places to order supplies where they are registered with the FDA, WL was even before the new laws.

Walmart is store pickup that's why I posted this question, no shipping cost. 5.33-6oz bottles from Walmart is a quart which would cost about $22. So Walmart is my first choice. WL is my 2nd if I have to order and pay S&H cost.

essential depot 1 quart
Sub-Total: $12.97
Priority Mail : $16.40
Total: $29.37
wizard labs 1 quart(2-500ml bottles they have no qt size)
Sub-Total:
$18.98
Priority Mail : $10.66
Total: $29.64

Anyone interested in a gallon here's a comparision shipped to Indiana.

essential depot 1 gallon
Sub-Total: $23.99
Priority Mail : $16.81
Total: $40.80
wizard labs 1 gallon
Total: $40.39

Anyone that wants to read what VG from Wizard Lab is made of, here's there info. Essential Depot didn't say what their's was made from only that it was Kosher.

Wizard Labs vegetable-derived Glycerin is produced using USP grade Kosher certified non-GMO Glycerin with a minimum 99.7% purity. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning concerning glycerin produced from the Jatropha plant which can contain toxins, including phorbol esters, that naturally occur in the plant. All of our vegetable-derived glycerin is 100% sourced from palm fruit, and does not contain any Jatropha plant or derivatives.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

Labubs

Jan 26, 2015
Northeast PA
tks for the replies I appreciate them.

I order my 100mg Nic, PG, and flavoring from Wizard labs, never ordered from any other online store. There is not to many online places to order supplies where they are registered with the FDA, WL was even before the new laws.

Walmart is store pickup that's why I posted this question, no shipping cost. 5.33-6oz bottles from Walmart is a quart which would cost about $22. So Walmart is my first choice. WL is my 2nd if I have to order and pay S&H cost.

essential depot 1 quart
Sub-Total: $12.97
Total: $29.37
wizard labs 1 quart(2-500ml bottles they have no qt size)
Sub-Total:
$18.98
Priority Mail : $10.66
Total: $29.64

Anyone interested in a gallon here's a comparision shipped to Indiana.

essential depot 1 gallon
Priority Mail : $16.81
Total: $40.80
wizard labs 1 gallon
Total: $40.39

Anyone that wants to read what VG from Wizard Lab is made of, here's there info. Essential Depot didn't say what their's was made from only that it was Kosher.

Wizard Labs vegetable-derived Glycerin is produced using USP grade Kosher certified non-GMO Glycerin with a minimum 99.7% purity. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning concerning glycerin produced from the Jatropha plant which can contain toxins, including phorbol esters, that naturally occur in the plant. All of our vegetable-derived glycerin is 100% sourced from palm fruit, and does not contain any Jatropha plant or derivatives.

Its just 12.50 if you have Amazon Prime, the poster you replied to left that part out. Even if you don't have Prime yourself, I can almost guarantee someone you know does, a friend or family member perhaps, and Amazon is lax on people adding new addresses and cards to Prime accounts. If you know someone with it you can have a gallon of much better quality VG and PG for $24.95. If you don't know someone and DIY often, spending the up front cost is very worth it, there is all sorts of DIY and vape gear you can get under Prime shipping (free 2-Day with Sunday delivery, by the way) in addition to high quality VG/PG. You WILL taste the difference, no offense, but WalMart Humco is a bottom tier ingredient. And hey, with Prime you also get Amazon Video(its just like Netflix) and Music(its just like premium Spotify). The upfront cost for an account seems daunting but divide by 12, compare that to a month of Netflix or Spotify, or the shipping costs over a year, and it pays for itself tenfold. Anything you can think of, from clothing to glycerin to everything, its bleeping Amazon, at your door in 2 days always.

But like I said, you probably already know someone who would let you order through their account. You can have 4 quarts of higher quality in 1 bottle delivered before the weekend for the price you quoted for 1 quart of lower quality glycerin. Humco will taste dirty(its a earthy chem taste to me if that makes sense, which it doesn't, so I avoid it) after getting Essential Depot or Nature's Oil VG. Amazon is calling out to you DIYers haha. Plus all the other benefits, its a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread