How to tell glass from polycarbonate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
I purchased several protank mini's that I knew were clones. What I did not know was that they were plastic and not glass tanks! Found out the hard way filling them with a Mountain Dew type of e-liquid. They felt heavy like glass and I thought they were. Is there an actual way to test or know if they are glass without having to wait and fill them to see if they melt or break?
Any help would be appreciated!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Most of the vendors I have used will say if they are glass or poly. If they do not I would email them the question. Thank you for posting this because it is good information to know. :) After I crack a brand new vivi tank.......I started buying nothing but glass and I think they cleanup better and you can change the flavors easier without the flavor lingering in the tank. Good luck to you.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Hit it with a hammer. If it shatters, it's glass :).

I prefer using juice with cinnamon in it, will frost out and crack any poly/plasti type tank instantly, well at least by the end of the first vape, if not sooner. Hate doing the hammer test, cut my foot last time. lol.

Personally, I won't buy any tanked atomizer, unless it comes in a full Stainless Steel version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread