Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
There's no need to remove the 510 connection. All you need is:

2 q-tips
Isopropyl alcohol (91% or higher)
Water

1. Dip one end of the q-tip #1 with alcohol.
2. Go over the catch cup and 510 connection.
3. Use other end of the q-tip #1 to dry it up.
4. Drip one end of q-tip #2 in water.
5. Go over everything again.
6. Repeat step number 3 with q-tip #2
7. Let it sit for an hour or two.

It'll be good as new after that and you have successfully cleaned the catch cup and 510 connection at the same time. Hope that helps.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
On the Grand I blast mine with the steam cleaner once and a while :) Bottle off and battery out of course. I actually shoot the whole mod with the steamer. I used to set it on the counter and shoot it but I kept blowing the mod right off. Now I hold it with and oven mitt wrapped with a dish towel.

And washvap is correct that connector is press fit in and it isn't going anywhere.

(LOL it took me three tries to get "washvap" .... er darn auto correct kept putting "wash-up" :D)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I also like to clean the tubing. Using a syringe with a blunt needle and the iso or PGA. Fill the syringe. I take the bottle off and while holding the REO upside down over the sink, insert the needle in the tube. Then squirt the iso into the tube. It will come out through the connector. You can do this a couple of times. I will also squirt some up into the bottom of the cap. Just pull the cap outward to the side and the drips will not go in the REO. Rinse by squirting water up the tube after you are done.
After doing this I clean out the catch cup with the iso.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Well, this made me look at my woodvil catch cups. What is the best way to clean them? I guess the hot water rinse is out :)

I use the Never Dull wadding to clean up the cups. Inside and outside. Not down on the connector, just the cup. I always wax the woods before cleaning the cup. That way there is a coat of wax to protect in case some of the polish touches the finish. Never had any problem with the polish changing the finish. Of course I am very careful to keep it away. With the wadding it is easy because you have very little wetness to work with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread