How to clean ibtanked Smoke Cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Pretty new to vaping, was wondering if anyone could tell me how to clean the ibtanked smoke ohm cartomizer? i've read online that you can use boiled water to clean it, or just run it through with warm water, but what about the white wick inside? do i need to take it out ? i'd imagine that if i dont take it out, the excess e-liquid trapped in there wouldn't be able to come out cleanly, on top of that, it would be very hard to dry since all the water would just get trapped in there for a long time.

I know there's a cleaning kit they sell, is it worth the money? if so i do plan on buying it soon, but how do i clean my cartoz now though without the kit?

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
Yes there is a cleaning kit for cartos. It a big syringe that a piece of rubber tubing attaches to the syringe and over the outside of the carto. Heat up some water[I used distilled water] in 1 bowl and have a second bowl of water ready. You just pump Hot water in and out of the carto several times then do again with the clean bowl of water. Then pump air though the carto several times and its mostly dry. I paid like $7-8 dollars for mine.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I gave up on the cartomizers long ago for rebuildables but I remember doing that quite a bit to extend their life. I would bring a bunch of them to a boil for 10/15 minutes then change the water and do it again. Usually what worked for me on the drying part was to put in the oven at 300 degrees for about 20/30 minutes then turn it off and leave them overnight. I have never used one of those cleaning kits. There are quite a few videos on youtube that you can watch that will show you anything about ecigs just type in what you want.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'm about as frugal as they get when it comes to squeezing the most out of a piece of equipment.

Honestly, if you really enjoy Vaping a Carto tank - Replace as needed to keep it fresh and performing at its best. If you must, collect your cartos and once you have 5-10 you can Boil them is deionized water. This trick only works once or twice depending on Carto condition/E-liquid type.
After Boiling, Blow out from the connection side and place aside for a few days to dry.
HOT water in an Ultrasonic Cleaner will also work.

No, you do not take anything apart - do that and you throw it away.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread