How often to clean Atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I clean mine every night with ispropyl alcohol. But this is because at the moment, I only have one. I used Kr8 cartomizers, but I recently got a 901 atty, which works with the Kr8 battery without an adapter.

I've gotten into the habit of dripping when I'm at home a lot of the time, so I find that by the end of the night the flavor is dropping a bit.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I saw in another thread that some people recommend boiling them to clean them. Can you only do this with atomizers or can cartos be done as well? Sounds like a bit of a pain so some of these other ideas sound easier. With the alcohol do you get any residual taste?

The isopropyl alcohol is very easy. Cozzicon posted a vid about it here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ce/113362-cleaning-510-attys.html#post1725326

That's what I've been doing. The alcohol should evaporate completely. You know it's dry when you can't smell the alcohol anymore.

In front of a fan, this only takes about 45 minutes for me. I don't get any residual taste.

However, you CAN'T use this for cartomizers. You can use Pure Grain Alcohol, but don't use isoprooyl (rubbing) alcohol.

And yes, you can boil cartomizers. I just did, in fact. :)

Dan1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
I saw in another thread that some people recommend boiling them to clean them. Can you only do this with atomizers or can cartos be done as well? Sounds like a bit of a pain so some of these other ideas sound easier. With the alcohol do you get any residual taste?

I used to do this *all* the time. I would bathe them in vodka and then boil them for a couple minutes and It never hurt them. However the hot water and dry burn method works just as well for me, and its alot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread