How much do you spend on vaping?

How much do you spend?

• Less than $250 per year (about $21 per month)

• $250 - $500 per year (about $21 - $41 per month)

• $500 - $750 per year (about $41 - $62 per month)

• $750 - $1,000 per year (about $62 - $83 per month)

• $1000 - $2,000 per year (about $83 - $66 per month)

• More than $2000 a year

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azzaman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks everyone, after reading all of this I feel normal now. My collection of different batteries, cartomizers and e liquid sits about average with everyone else. I agree, I think my costs will drop significantly now that I have a nice collection of things I am happy with. Haven't got a mod yet, but I will wait a bit later. Need something to look forward to.

SeanO'Connell

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
Las Vegas
Right on man... Once you get your mod an batteries the only thing you'll really need to buy is juice and atties. And the occasional battery( to replace missing ones) the batteries themselves should last you more then year if you don't lose them or break them. Happy vapin' bra!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

camel joe

Aug 13, 2011
United States
I have been vapeing since Dec 11 2011. I tried the catromizers and they leak within a week. I went back to the atomizers that came with my ego-t and have been happy. I am now mixing my own juice and with replacement atomizers i have gone from 180 a month with analogs to about 40 a month. I am sleeping lighter. I now smell other smokers. This, so far, has been a positive move.

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
Ok I last posted here this previous summer. In total I bought the Blu PCC kit to start with, then a dual /510 Titan from Totally Wicked, then I bought the Ego kit from Volcano, which lasted me a few months. I decided I needed something with a better battery life, like an 18650 bcuz when I was on analogs, I smoked a pack & a half a day. And I felt like ecigs were just too much work, especially if I was out & about during the day. (Dr. appt mostly) Making sure my batts were freshly charged & several cartridges filled. So I bought an Indulgence v2 which was not the best choice 3.7v device for me but I whined up making a fantastic trade with it for a Silver Bullet. I also bought an Omega around the same time & I have been content with both ever since, despite wanting every vaper's dream mod, "The Provari". Being a single mother of two teens & disabled, due to surviving an aneurysm in 2009. That left me with severe nerve damage from the waist down. On that note, quit smoking while you can ! Living on disability sucks. 27 yrs of smoking lead to my aneurysm & I don't wish this on anyone. So Please if your reading this & your still smoking cigarettes or thinking about quitting. Make it happen, quit while you still can & while you can still choose too. I thought it could never happen to me or I would quit before anything could happen. If you think quitting smoking is a lifestyle change, imagine what being disabled will change. Not only the physical, but financially & emotionally, not to mention it will effect not only you, but your family & friends as well. It's very hard to indulge my needs & wants for e cigs, such as high end juices, drip shields, glass tanks, some of the new drip tips (the glass ones & Mings) and all the new VV mods. Mods keep their value so well, it's nearly impossible to buy even from the classifieds. All & all , I spend $20 a month on juice & I bought 15 cartos back in August that have lasted me until this month. Vaping is by far, cheaper that smoking. At $20 a month for a year is $240 plus 2/15pk per year at $20 a piece, grand total $280 a year versus $2190 a year. Nearly 90% cheaper, in simple terms that's Frikk'in Awesome !

Last edited:

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Okay, I thought it was just me. Apparently the vaping learning curve is expensive for a LOT of people! Initially, back in November, I was probably spending just as much on vaping than my pack-a-day habit was costing me! But by February, I found what works (and what doesn't!) for me, and now it's less than half of the $180.00 a month I was leaving stubbed out in an ashtray.

Not unhappy with a single penny I spent on vaping supplies. Every dime was a learning experience...five more days and it'll be SIX MONTHS w/o a single damned cigarette! And I don't even miss them! Yip!!!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've spent a small fortune over the last 15 months since I started. I was spending so much that I stopped paying attention (and keeping a spreadsheet) after the first month and a half. I had already spent about $1,500 at that point.

But, I just figured it out, and to my shock and amazement I'm actually just about now starting to break even!!! I say "just about" because it's just an estimate from a quick adding up of the receipts in my head. (I do still save all receipts on my computer.)

Was any of it a waste? Just the nasty juices. Except, that probably needed to be done too - I guess. If I hadn't spent all that money on juices, I wouldn't have believed how bad most of them are. I had to find out for myself. The best juices are DIY.

Whew! Now I don't feel so bad about all that spending.

And, I have enough DIY juice and enough hardware to last for most of a year (except for still needing to buy some replacement 306 atties).

I don't feel so guilty for my spending now. Thanks for the poll.

P.S. I didn't vote in the poll because I wasn't sure what to answer. The spending varies so much depending on what stage I'm in. The initial getting started phase was very expensive. Then I settled in for about six months and just stocked up a little on batteries and tried a few new juices. Then I hit a bad patch where nothing seemed to be working anymore and started spending again. Tried lots of new things for a while. Now, everything is settling down again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread