How many people are using LR attys on the missy type wetboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I've been seeing a lot of YT videos on users popping in a 510 LR atty in their wetbox and vaping away. A lot of sites say that the wetbox is for carts only but there is no real explanation as to why? You can use an LR cart but not an LR atty? It doesn't add up? Some people say the switch will die on you because of the current draw but that would be the same with a LR carto correct? So have any of you been using an LR 510 on the wetbox? I hate carts to be honest so that's why I'm asking. Thanks all....

JNA

Sent from my HTC Incredible

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Besides the switch being not so durable, the needle is cut wrong to be universal. These features could be fixed, but could have been avoided in the first place.
Not only not durable its also vastly under-rated for the task. A LR atty will will be pulling about 45 times more current than what the switch is rated for.

I had a wetbox for a week... the convenience sounded great but it just didn't stack up... airflow was inconsistent and every LR atty I used gave me a throat burn I didnt get from the same attys and batts in other mods... just wasn't for me I guess

sent from my HTC froyo'd oc'd undervolted MIUI Desire CDMA using Tapatalk... bite me alltel

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
I actually am expecting my wetbox in the mail today. I took the dive even after all the bad press. Good news is supposedly the switch has been upgraded though I don't know by how much cause I'm pretty sure its still a tactile.

Anyway back to your original question. I have only ever seen a 901 atty used on a wetbox. It's all about the needle. I read somewhere that u can buy a needle assembly specifically for attys but I have yet to find it so here's what you want. YouTube - How I use a 901 atomizer on my Wet Box Mod that shows you how and it doesn't matter if its LR or regular resistance. The whole idea is he's using the adapter so it effectively shortens the needle. If your needle catches the bridge of your atty it will ground it which stops it from functioning (not forever just while its making contact)

Here's an update: I did a Google search for "atomizer on wetbox" and a couple results down you will see some videos that say they are using LR 510's go ahead and check it out. My suggestion is you can use it if you can screw it down enough so that it makes contact without touching the needle and you're set. Even if its not tight it still works. Just remember to watch for leakage. There is another guy on here that said he takes a 2" by 2" piece of paper towel folds it twice and pushes his needle through it that way he has a nice layer of absorbence for any leakage into the box especially if you're doing something like pumping juice into an atty that isn't completely screwed on.

Ok so I started to ramble. Let me finish by saying don't let any of what I said intimidate you as far as the leakage and the grounding. Just do some searching and check out what I said and I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely.

Cheers,
Neph

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
So the needle is wrong and the switch is under par. That seems to me like half the mod is lacking depending on how you count the rest. The bottle and battery box are OK, which leaves the battery connector and wiring. Have I left something out?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can we add that the switch is conveniently located where it will eventually get 'juiced"?

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
well. The mod is not that expensive, so you get what you pay for. I too have seen you tube videos on people using LR attys, and regular 510 attys as well. The juicing operation isnt as effective because it doesn't have a ceramic cartridge, or cotton like a cartomizer has, so you'll be pumping a lot more just like you are dripping a lot more. I think if you use it correctly, which is...use an LR Cartomizer, fill the cartomizer yourself...and when the cartomizer is almost close to drained, pump your wet box until the LR 510 Cartomizer has juice again. A lot of people are putting empty cartomizers and expecting it to last all day, but that's not how it works. You need to fill the carto first, then refill or "re-feed" as needed. I'm going to try an LR atty when i get mine, and physically drip on it to get it going, then I'll see how the feeder works while I watch the juice come up from the bottom. After 4-5 vapes, you'll have to squeeze again, but it still is a lot better than carrying around an extra battery, extra juice, etc.

I read that also, where you can place a small 1x1 piece of silicon or paper towel to soak up the dripping. I'm also going to put some flexible protective adhesive around the switch when i get mine. That will allow the tactile switch to work, while also protecting it from getting juices near it and around the wires. You could go all out and put silicon around all the wiring so no juice can damage any circuit, but that's overboard for a 45 dollar device. Hey if it works for 5 months, then i got my money's worth.

I'm still going to try it with an LR atty first, but I'd much prefer the LR carto so I can fill it with 1.5 mL, and then refill when necessary. Also, I love the idea of using an LR 510 on it, because since we all have to re-drip about every 3-4 vapes since the LR goes through so much liquid, pumping it will be very easy and effective. no more dripping and driving, no more missing the drip tip when drunk :) NO more carrying around a bottle and dripping every 3 vapes...the idea seems very very good...now it's all about the build of the device.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
For 8 bucks you can get what you pay for too: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/95728-tutorial-juicebox-around-8-a.html

That though is DIY and not already done for you. The wetbox is ready built, but if it needs this much changing, then something just isn't right. Not to sway your purchase, I'm just sayin.

Sure you can fill the carto and then refill with the wetbox and have more capacity from the get go, but you can certainly only bottom feed too. With a carto is like having a sponge to take up the excess juice, so less mess. If you are going to use LR atties on this, just please shorten the needle, it will still juice fine being short for cartos too as the carto tube works as an extension to the needle, and the atties wont be damaged by a long needle. As a bonus, when you release the bottle, excess juice gets sucked back into the bottle from a point as low as the top of the needle.

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
well. The mod is not that expensive, so you get what you pay for. I too have seen you tube videos on people using LR attys, and regular 510 attys as well. The juicing operation isnt as effective because it doesn't have a ceramic cartridge, or cotton like a cartomizer has, so you'll be pumping a lot more just like you are dripping a lot more. I think if you use it correctly, which is...use an LR Cartomizer, fill the cartomizer yourself...and when the cartomizer is almost close to drained, pump your wet box until the LR 510 Cartomizer has juice again. A lot of people are putting empty cartomizers and expecting it to last all day, but that's not how it works. You need to fill the carto first, then refill or "re-feed" as needed. I'm going to try an LR atty when i get mine, and physically drip on it to get it going, then I'll see how the feeder works while I watch the juice come up from the bottom. After 4-5 vapes, you'll have to squeeze again, but it still is a lot better than carrying around an extra battery, extra juice, etc.

I read that also, where you can place a small 1x1 piece of silicon or paper towel to soak up the dripping. I'm also going to put some flexible protective adhesive around the switch when i get mine. That will allow the tactile switch to work, while also protecting it from getting juices near it and around the wires. You could go all out and put silicon around all the wiring so no juice can damage any circuit, but that's overboard for a 45 dollar device. Hey if it works for 5 months, then i got my money's worth.

I'm still going to try it with an LR atty first, but I'd much prefer the LR carto so I can fill it with 1.5 mL, and then refill when necessary. Also, I love the idea of using an LR 510 on it, because since we all have to re-drip about every 3-4 vapes since the LR goes through so much liquid, pumping it will be very easy and effective. no more dripping and driving, no more missing the drip tip when drunk :) NO more carrying around a bottle and dripping every 3 vapes...the idea seems very very good...now it's all about the build of the device.

I completely agree with everything you said. You do get what you pay for and this, to me, is an intermediate device that I would suggest to anyone who was on the fence about juicers and wants a production model versus DIY. Besides the underrated switch I have been happy with mine. It looks like on the new ones they completely seal the switch with jbweld or something like that to avoid the leaking on the switch (mine looks like it has a small hole where they didn't quite seal the whole thing but I'm just gonna POP some glue in there) I grabbed a few lr510 cartos and the taste actually is nice. My only issue thus far is the lr burns hot and the needle doesn't get juice quite to the top of the carto chamber so sometimes I have to pop the top and wet it. I can't complain about not being able to use attys correctly because its not designed for them anyway so its just a plus if you can get your fav atty running in it.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I just received mine today, all I had to do was cut off a quarter inch of the feeding tube and was able to use any 510 atty I had. Whether it be LR, or regular ohm. The default needle length is too long and there was no airflow, after shortening the needle it started to work fine again. I'm not a fan of cartomizers so I did not purchase this wetbox for carts, I purchased it becuase I did not want to drip every 4-5 vapes when using an LR. So now i just squeeze it a few times and i'm set...if the switch burns out I can fix it myself, or I can get a new one. 45 bucks is not the end of the world....i've spend that on 4 packs of smokes when Im going to the blackjack tables and i know i'll be drinking and smoking..so paying 45 dollars for something that will last me 2 months is a good investment if you ask me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread