How many milligrams (MG) per day do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I've seen threads on how many milliliters (ml) people vape per day and threads on what mg/ml (strength) people use. Many people talk about cutting down the strength they use, but does your vape rate increase to compensate?

I change up mg/ml like I do flavors, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12 mg/ml, whatever. But I always end up right around 30 to 36 mg per day (6mil x 6mg/ml = 36 = 3ml x 12mg/ml = any other combination.

So multiply your strength times the quantity and what's the result? Has it increased or decreased since you began?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Nicotine absorption into our system is approximately 60% less with vaping than that of cigarettes.

Do you have any idea how much nicotine is absorbed, if you smoke approximately one pack of light cigarettes per day. I know it depends on how you puff and how often etc... but just a ballpark number. Curious.

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Im averageing 4.5 to 6.5mls a day. Add beer to this I up use more like 10mls it seems. I grew up with a cigarette per beer type habit. The good is when I hit my ecigs it is never burnt to the filter. Lol as long as battery has juice I have vaper.

Live Free,Ride Free,Or die fighting for the Right to do so!

At what strength?

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
How Many Milligrams of Nicotine in a Cigarette? | Med-Health.net

So if people only absorb .1mg from each analog, per that article, and ecigs is supposed to be far lower it would appear we'd have to go through at least 20 mls a day AND get less nicotine.

I vape between 3 and 5mls a day give or take a ml or so. Would be interesting to read the absorption rate for an ecig user in a side by side comparison.

I think that article has it wrong, but I'll have to come back later with source links.

What strength liquid do you use?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

So if people only absorb .1mg from each analog, per that article, and ecigs is supposed to be far lower it would appear we'd have to go through at least 20 mls a day AND get less nicotine.

I vape between 3 and 5mls a day give or take a ml or so. Would be interesting to read the absorption rate for an ecig user in a side by side comparison.

I believe that the Article you Linked to is Incorrect.

Because the Way Regular Cigarettes mg is Rated is by How Much Nicotine the Average Smokers body Absorbs. Not How Much Nicotine is in the Actual Cigarette.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States

The absorption rate in comparison is about 40% in vaping. It's not an exact science though.

In other words take your mg strength X ml/per day then X .40 and that's what you approximately absorb from your vaping.

So I Vape 6mg at 15ml per day at a .40 absorption rate.

6 x 15 x .40

I get approximately 36 mg of nicotine per day.

I smoked a pack and a half a day. That's around 40 cigarettes (give or take).

1 cigarette is around 1mg of nicotine.

40 x 1

So it's fairly close.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The absorption rate in comparison is about 40% in vaping. It's not an exact science though.

This is Very True.

Much depends on the Hardware. And the Way a Person takes a Hit.

There is a Vast Difference of Nicotine Absorption between someone using a 1st Generation Cigalike doing Mouth Hits. To a Sub-Ohm Cloud Chaser blowing Lung Hit Plumes.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
This is Very True.

Much depends on the Hardware. And the Way a Person takes a Hit.

There is a Vast Difference of Nicotine Absorption between someone using a 1st Generation Cigalike doing Mouth Hits. To a Sub-Ohm Cloud Chaser blowing Lung Hit Plumes.

I totally agree. There's a lot of variables involved. It's all approximate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread