How I deal w/public

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
This is how I deal with E-smoking. First, I live in a VERY liberal, regulated, nanny state county- Montgomery County, MD. No offense to liberals, I'm a lib to, but you get my point. I also work for Health and Human Services(federal). Also go to local community college. My number one tip to avoid trouble is to just not exhale vapor. I can take a huge puff of my 901 and if I hold it in for 10-15 secs, nothing gets exhaled. That helps. In class and work I hold the e-cig in my sleeve, with just the cartridge sticking out and hit it. Whats really cool though is that if you get some trouble, just say its a nicotine inhaler, it tehcnically is! I sometimes just lie and say its a new version of a Nicotrol inhaler because thats pretty well known compared to e-cigs. Love the exhale because it feels like your smoking when vapor comes out but I don't like to push my luck in public places! I'm not fond of dealing with police, thanks to my sportbike riding either.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I understand how we vapours want to avoid confrontation but I feel upset and angry that we should be having to hide it or lie about it to anyone....it is almost certainly as harmless to another person as using an air freshener spray or something.......we are grown up and we should be 'free'........ we shouldn't have to be hiding it at all.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
We shouldn't have to hide it but we should be respectful. Appropriateness is key. Early smokers didn't do that and that is why we are all seen as hells angels sent to destroy the world.

Personally, I am allergic to some of those stinky ... concoctions others call perfumes/colognes... and vapor, well... it is nothing compared to what some people are wearing!

Northern Bob

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Pointe Claire, Quebec
Personally, I am allergic to some of those stinky ... concoctions others call perfumes/colognes... and vapor, well... it is nothing compared to what some people are wearing!

I hear that. Especially the "blue rinse" set that often trails an almost visible cloud of perfume behind.

NB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread