http://.........blogspot.com/2014/04/leaked-vicious-ants-120watt-box-mod.html

Capture.jpg

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Still not enough. Must have at LEAST 160 watts for this guy.

- "yeah that looks sick... wooowwww..."

Idiots.

Fresh off of a charger a battery is 4.2 Volts. That's 196 Watts and 47 Amps with a .09Ω coil. Genius doesn't realize we typically change OUT batteries at 3.7 volts on a mech....

Way to go Viper Vape... nothing IDIOTIC about that operation... nahhhh... :facepalm:

On subject:

These regulated devices will only go so high with certain builds. They won't exceed a current draw that is dangerous and beyond it's spec. 120 Watts does not mean it'll fire 120 Watts across the board.

Good on Vicious Ant though. I hope they can meet the demand. This device looks sharp, and I'm a fan of everything they've put out so far.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
- "yeah that looks sick... wooowwww..."

Idiots.

Fresh off of a charger a battery is 4.2 Volts. That's 196 Watts and 47 Amps with a .09Ω coil. Genius doesn't realize we typically change OUT batteries at 3.7 volts on a mech....

Way to go Viper Vape... nothing IDIOTIC about that operation... nahhhh... :facepalm:

I'm not trying to start an argument OR defend what the guy in the video is doing - he can do that for himself, I'm sure - but:

I always use 4.2 volts in my calculations, but I know that's pretty conservative. Realistically, the millisecond he hits the switch on his mod, with a .09 ohm coil, his voltage is probably dropping to 3.7 volts (or less).

Also, his longest pull is 6.7 seconds, well within the "pulse" limits of the battery.*

(* yeah, I know, I'm assuming that he's running with a quality battery, and I hope my assumption holds true)

You're looking at about a 41 amp discharge rate, not something I'd do casually, but you need to keep in mind that a lot of these "cloud chasers" are running at red line to make the biguns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread