How easy was it for you to change from analogues to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
For me, it's been an extremely difficult transition. I have smoked cigs for 25 years. At first, all went well. I put together a solid 3 weeks of vaping only. It was during the process of buying a car that the craving for a cigarette came back - with a vengeance. I vaped and vaped, but it did nothing to quell the anxiety. I finally broke down and had a cig.

Not to worry though, back on the horse - 3 days off I 'relapsed' again on cigs. Again I tried, 2 weeks solid I finally thought I had it this time! Then visited family with everyone smoking in the same room with me and once again, off the wagon.

I've come to realize through all of this that it's a process rather than an event for me. I will continue trying and feel I will eventually get it. Also, I suspect there's something other than nicotine in cigarettes that my body wants.

My hat's off to anyone who can quit cigs for good on the first try! That is wonderful, and I'm glad that's how it was for you.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Started vaping 9mg last Friday and only had 2 smokes all weekend when I normally have 10-12. I've been mixing it up with 9 and 18mg and I haven't had a cig since Sunday night, so 4 days.

It was a very simple transition, almost to easy..

My 1 week anniversary is today. No cravings or anything vaping mostly 18mg. Which to be honest is probably a little more then I need. I smoked 10-15 Menthol 100's per day for the last 12 years. So far it has been super easy.

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I quit smoking in the time it took to unbox my first 510 kit. But then i'm still into the whole cyberpunk thing. I did once run out of battery on a brief road trip and had to stop to get a pack of analogs, but that's pretty much it and that particular day was 2.5 years ago now. I'll be three years quit this August, after smoking up to 5 packs a day for close to 25 years.

5 packs /day?8-o8-o8-o

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
I figured vaping might help quench some of my cravings. I drove to my local b&m had a cig in the parking lot and after more than a decade of about a PAD I haven't craved an analog in the last three days since I got my eGo.

I didn't expect it to work really. I had tried Njoy and Blu a few years back but I enjoy it more than smoking. And I really loved smoking! I still haven't found my ideal flavor or setup but I will. I'm telling all my smoking friends to I've it a try.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being quiting cold turkey, I found it about a 2. I had a few cravings in the first week and there was some frustration getting the new gear to work correctly. But 6 months later and I'm still vaping and not smoking.

Just for scale, I have tried other methods to get off cigs - I would say transitioning to Commit Lozenges is about a 5 out of 10, nicotine gum a 6 and nicotine patches an 8.

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
I still had a full pack when I switched to vaping I should add. I still have one analog a day and will until the pack is done. Not because I want one. I honestly don't really enjoy it. But I want to have that feeling of knowing that its not that great compared to vaping for as long as possible. I know that way ill be done with analogs for good.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
I still had a full pack when I switched to vaping I should add. I still have one analog a day and will until the pack is done. Not because I want one. I honestly don't really enjoy it. But I want to have that feeling of knowing that its not that great compared to vaping for as long as possible. I know that way ill be done with analogs for good.

As long as you're DONE after that all will be well. I have 1 full pack and 1 pack with 1 gone that's been sitting in the freezer till I visit my menthol smoking friend. I can't just throw them away. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There's not much difference between psychological addition and physical addiction as far as the brain is concerned. Both create a desire for a smoke. My successful quit strategy was to start vaping, let it reduce my cravings for cigs, and continue that pattern for a while. Once I conditioned myself to vaping along with the cig with coffee, after a meal, and before bedtime, quitting cold turkey at that point was next to nothing in terms of cravings.

The key for psychological addiction is to reduce the numbers for a while and then quit. It's much easier to transition and realize that it's a habit at that point. Replace the habit with another (vaping).

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
for me, it ws an almost instant transition to vaping.i lucked out, and got a great tasting juice right off the bat, with my first kit. apollo RY4, an its still my ADV. for the first week or two, i would have a real smoke every other day or so, but i found that the delicious RY4 would then taste like an ashtray after i smoked an analog, so it wasnt long until i tossed the pack in the trash and was completley done with them. that was the end of my 25year long PAD of reds habit.

i now know what people mean when they say the analogs stink. my coworker still smokes reds, and i can smell it when he walks in the door.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
for me, it ws an almost instant transition to vaping.i lucked out, and got a great tasting juice right off the bat, with my first kit. apollo RY4, an its still my ADV. for the first week or two, i would have a real smoke every other day or so, but i found that the delicious RY4 would then taste like an ashtray after i smoked an analog, so it wasnt long until i tossed the pack in the trash and was completley done with them. that was the end of my 25year long PAD of reds habit.

i now know what people mean when they say the analogs stink. my coworker still smokes reds, and i can smell it when he walks in the door.

I, too, now know what I was subjecting nonsmokers to when I went outside to the break area and then came back and talked in their face. I would occasionally see their faces contort when I started to speak! It's a stinky and foul smelling odor.

I also know that my Mother could sense it when I was a teen and thought she couldn't tell. :)

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I've been thinking about how easy it was for me to quit and how amazed I have been at that fact - it's like a dream. I think, for me, I benefited from trying to quit without any aids back in April (for the 3rd or 4th time). I read a book about quitting and wrote a bunch of inspirational notes to myself, etc. When it came down to it, the habit was enough to break me and I was extremely disappointed.

That piqued my interest in e-cigs but I let myself enjoy smoking for another month before giving them a try. I had a pack and a half left (what I usually smoked in a day) and it took me about four days, including the weekend, to finish them off. I didn't buy another pack until a couple of days later and ended up throwing the last few out - haven't really wanted one since then and I couldn't be happier about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread