How do you "punch" holes in the carto for tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjg123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
Hello all,

Im thinking about going to tanks since it seems the best way to use cartos, which i have fallen in love with. I have a large tool box full of miscellaneous tools that i could probably use to punch holes in the cartos, but i dont know how far down i should put them or how big, and what would be the best tool. I was thinking a drill with a tiny drill bit, but i think that would get metal in the carto and that would be bad no? I know you can buy them pre punched from crystal clear vaping, but they are an extra 5 dollars almost, which could be in my pocket for doing just a bit of extra work.

so how do you do it??

You could use a saddle valve from home depot or lowes, nail and hammer, dremel tool...there are allot of ways. its whatever works best for you. I use a dremel tool with a small grind bit on the head of it, I find it the best way for me, I have not had luck with saddle valves or nails..I always misshape the carto...as soon as you break threw the metal casing stop and you will be fine, as for how far up, depending what kind of carto ..you could always pre measure I always go a few milli meters "sight" view from bottom of tank....good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread