Iraq
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New ID of previously banned member

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
One thing I noticed after I quit smoking is that the vapor from ejuice is a lot different from smoke. It takes your throat (at least in my experience) some time to get used to. Sometimes on my first vape of the day it makes me cough. Then I take another sip and my throat begins to get used to it and it goes down smoothly. Doesn't always happen, but if you just take a few small pulls it goes away quickly :D

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Celeigh87 . Nice to meet you and so glad that you are here. Sorry you seem to be having a small issue. Are you knew to vaping? If you are, I think the coughing is just something that you will get over with time. If you have been vaping a good bit and you are still coughing, I would read this on inhalation. You might find out something to do that will help.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html
JC_link.gif

Have you thought about playing with the percentage of pg/vg? You could always get some vg at Walmart and dilute down your juice just a tiny bit and see if that helps. Just a thought. I so hope that one of the suggestions on this thread helps you. Let us know how you are doing and what works for you. It could help others that have had this particular problem. Good luck to you and I wish you well.

I only cough if I take too large of a pull. Right now I'm using a 50/50 blend. I am vaping to quit smoking so I'm using 12 to 18mg nicotine but have a tank with 0mg in it for the flavor (because at home I tend to vape a lot and I don't like nicotine sickness). I don't notice a difference between nicotine vs nicotine free pulls, both can make me cough. My suggestion is the same as everyone else's, take smaller pulls.

Bw86

Feb 12, 2015
CA
If your atomizer can handle it, I would try a more VG heavy juice or diltute your current juice with VG as someone else mentioned. Luckily I was able to jump right into RDAs because I was familiar with electrical theories. My throat was getting irritated bad until I switched to max VG. Try it if you can. I've been a happy vaper since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread