Hot Battery - X2 900 mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Whatever device you have attached to the X2 may be the problem. If there is a short in the coil of a carto, clearo, RBA or T3, or if it is gunked up, the resistance is greater and puts a strain on the battery causing it to work harder and heat up. Just a thought. Does it heat up with a fresh carto or another clearo? Try switching to find out. If it heats up with all devices I would say the X2 has a problem.

-Optics-

Fear the Beard...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Does the light blink at all during this?

I had an issue with one of mine before, would get seriously hot and blink or intermittently work. The culprit happened to be the two wires beneath the battery post (I wiggled it off to investigate) were wound together and I guess burned off their coating on the wires causing a short. I quickly unraveled them, put some electrical tape over the wire and retired that battery.. Sad too as it was just days after the warranty expired :(

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Four and a half hours probably isn't long enough to fully charge an X2-900. My X2-650s generally take five hours or so. I would think a 900 would take six to eight hours or even longer. I don't know what the charge rate is limited to in an X2-900, but the X2-650 seems to be limited to about 250ma. If the 900 has a higher limitation it would help make the charge time shorter, but it still can would be a significant amount of time.

Batteries will get warm as they are used, especially if chain vaping. The current demand is high enough, suually in the one to two amp range, to cause the battery to heat internally from the current flow through it. I have noticed this with 78mm, X2-650s and larger batteries like 18350s and 18650s. It is a normal condition, and unless it is getting too hot to touch, not really a sign of any problems at all. If it gets too hot to hold or touch, time for a trouble report.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I normally get mine fully charged overnight (its a 1300mah), and use it almost all day (both on and off the pass-through). I've noticed it can get warm, but only after I chain vape, but its never gotten near to "too hot".... just keep an eye on it, and with a charge, you can expect pretty much overnight to fully charge it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread