Honestly ! Can any RTA to this day, match up to the Squape Reloaded ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I love the Squape R - very simple to build on with the "W" deck. Flavor is very good imo to the KFL+ (not a fan of the whistle from the KFL+, but enjoy the flavor). I was trying to find a good rta for my wife to use, but every one I tried, she didn't care for ... until I let her try the Squape (with the nano bell cap) - now she won't give it back! She likes the flavor and it is a drier vape, which is important to her. Both of us are fairly new to the vape community, so we are still learning.

So, I've taken the plunge and order the Squape Rs - should be here next week. Perhaps I can trade her and get mine back.

As a side note - she says that sometimes she gets a cotton taste from the Squape R. I have an 8 wrap Kanthal 28g build metering out at 1.5 Ω and using a KGD cotton wick. Wick snipped at the edge of the base (as seen on my youtube builds). Should I try using a silica wick?
F2V

Ogrelin

May 5, 2015
As a side note - she says that sometimes she gets a cotton taste from the Squape R. I have an 8 wrap Kanthal 28g build metering out at 1.5 Ω and using a KGD cotton wick. Wick snipped at the edge of the base (as seen on my youtube builds). Should I try using a silica wick?
F2V

Try thinning out the wick as it comes out of the coil into the wicking channels. It might be getting a bit choked as it tries to soak in liquid. Also, make sure you don't take too long a hit if using mechs or vape at high wattages for vv/vw. I chain vape high vg on an sx mini at 15-18w @ 0.7 ohms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
F2V

I use to get the same with KGD. The dryness really got to me so decided to try different cottons. Cotton Bacon & Vaper Choice Cotton were the 2 main ones I tried. Cotton Bacon is currently in use, wicks amazingly well but more telling is that the dry hits are more easy on the throat when they do happen. Must admit that CB very rarely gives me dry hits. VCC on plain wickedly good but is more expensive that CB. Stealthvape have V2 of CB for £4 and there is a lot of cotton in there if used sensibly. Still have some KGD pads but CB first, then VCC followed by KGB. Also have some drago but not used it.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Thanks, Ogrelin and Bhoot. I'll try re-wicking the coil with less cotton to see if that helps - I don't want to make the hit too wet, though as my wife prefers a drier vape. I'll also order some cotton bacon and try that once it arrives.

My wife vapes at around 11w on the 1.5 Ω build using a provari P3 and isn't a chain vaper. She doesn't like the aftertaste from a nickel build (I don't notice one, but she does). Before I switched her to the Squape R, she was using the Kanger Aerotank Mini and really liked its much drier vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread