Home made atty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try to help the New Members. Remember, we were all once ignorant to vaping and Modding.

OT posts deleted.

Thanks,

Sun

Sun,
I have no problem in showing people how things are done and like I said before I'm not going to put a "how to" out there until I know something is safe to use. Yes when I first started I didn't know squat about vaping and the equipment but I read through old posts and learned. Then I started modding and experimenting with attys. It's very obvious that he does not know a thing about attys but will he ask a question? No! He makes accusations of some sort of deceit because he doesn't know what he's looking at and wants everything handed to him with insults. Take a look at the thread "401 atty dismantle" and you will see what I mean. Now if he were to ask I would be more than happy to explain the different parts or even point him to different links. But for him to act the way he did I'm sorry I doubt that anyone would bother explaining anything to him.
Unfortuanately this got to the point it did and it could have all been avoided with a little courtesy and education on the subject and that will be the ruin of this forum.

Sun,
I have no problem in showing people how things are done and like I said before I'm not going to put a "how to" out there until I know something is safe to use. Yes when I first started I didn't know squat about vaping and the equipment but I read through old posts and learned. Then I started modding and experimenting with attys. It's very obvious that he does not know a thing about attys but will he ask a question? No! He makes accusations of some sort of deceit because he doesn't know what he's looking at and wants everything handed to him with insults. Take a look at the thread "401 atty dismantle" and you will see what I mean. Now if he were to ask I would be more than happy to . But for him to act the way he did I'm sorry I doubt that anyone would bother explaining anything to him.
Unfortuanately this got to the point it did and it could have all been avoided with a little courtesy and education on the subject and that will be the ruin of this forum.

To be fair it seem a number of peope have asked you to describe more details of your atomiser in this thread.
I have searched on "401 atty dismantle" and I can't find the thread.
You entitled the thread "home made atty" so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to expect to find details of the construction of it there.
So I wil ask politely, could you please explain the different parts or point us to different links?

Sure you can start off by looking and reading this
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/8368-cigar-rebuild-pics-bling-v2.html
and if you need to review the area on the 401 dismantle, again, please read carefully. Here it is
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/17306-m401-atomizer-disassembled-pics.html This one is my favorite and has alot of information.RJG has a boatload of info and is very thorough in his work. This is where I learned on how to rebuild attys.
This area will give you more information on materials used in the rebuilding process
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/23653-attn-atomizer-rebuilders.html

There is alot if information out there and if you look and research you can find, just about, anything you want. Yes I titled the post "Home made atty" Not "how to build a home made atty" Big difference! just start looking at old posts and you'll find all the information you could think of and maybe you can have your atty built by Christmas.
Carlos

Last edited:

one_raven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
I'm curious if you took a stock atomizer ceramic pot and built one from that, or built your own pot.
I ask because I was thinking about what it would take to hand-build a pot and was curious about the safety of some materials aside from ceramics.
One example I considered is JB Weld epoxy (temp up to 600° for 10 minutes).

If you built a pot from scratch, would you be willing to share you experience with different materials?

I'm curious if you took a stock atomizer ceramic pot and built one from that, or built your own pot.
I ask because I was thinking about what it would take to hand-build a pot and was curious about the safety of some materials aside from ceramics.
One example I considered is JB Weld epoxy (temp up to 600° for 10 minutes).

If you built a pot from scratch, would you be willing to share you experience with different materials?

I'm working on a step by step that, I hope, I can finish soon and get it posted. You could go either way on building an atty. You could use the stock pot, but limited to size, or you could hand carve your own pot like I did. It's a good bit of work and alot of trail and error untill you find a material that your happy with. Here's a hint ... start off with plain old ceramic and stick with it, everything else I have tried will either put off some kind of toxic fume or just not hold up to the heat. If you know someone with a kiln or have access to one your one step beyond me. I have had to carve mine out by hand. The rest should be explained when I get done with the "How to"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread