Hohn Tech Batteries

ArazelEternal

• Mar 19, 2019
    Madison, WI
    Hello all,

I have recently purchased myself two Hohm Tech Hohm Life4 batteries from imrbatteries.com to use with my Aegis Eteno E100 mod. Let me say, great little mod, pocketable and powerful enough for my needs. I just wish it had a 510 connector, but from what Ive heard elsewhere, the VooPoo magnetic to 510 adapter works great with it. Ill be hunting one of those down in the near future so I can use a RTA with the mod.

Now on to the real reason for this post. I purchased these batteries because I have seen them sold in more than one brick and mortar vape shop around my area and was curious as to how well they work. I bought them from imrbatteries.com so I could be as certain as possible that they were the real deal. Ive been using them for a couple days now and they seem to perform well. The vape stays the same quality as in volume, flavor, and temp until the battery is nearly dead. They replaced a couple Molicel P26A batteries that I have had since 2020. With the Molicel, the vape would seem to rapidly get cooler around 20-30% battery life according to the battery meter on the mod. I haven’t noticed this at all with the Hohm Techs. From my somewhat educated guess (I have some background in electronics and understand ohm’s law and battery safety) Im guessing that this is just because the Molicel batteries were a few years old and getting long in the tooth, so to speak. According to Mooch, the Molicel batteries are the best all-rounders, while the Hohm Tech dont even appear on his recommended battery list. I have a hard time believing that the Hohm Tech would outperform new Molicel batteries. But, Ive been wrong before, and will be wrong again, Im sure.

Now, on the Hohm Tech batteries themselves, I am wondering about something. Hopefully someone who knows more about batteries than I do (I know they are out there) can answer this for me. Mooch has rated these particular batteries at 20A CDR. The battery wrapped states a 22.1A CDR and a 31.5A max. Im currently running the mod stated earlier at 68-70w with a .2 ohm coil which should push the amperage to right at or just under 20A. That is what the amp meter on the mod shows when firing. Now, the question here is, should I be concerned about going higher than that? If I was using them in a senario where they would be kept at those currents for an extended amount of time, I would never consider exceeding 20A. But what I am wondering is, would it be safe to push them to say 25A or even their max on the wrapper in a mod, provided it doesn’t cause the battery and mod to get noticeably warm? On the Hohm Tech website it states that the 31.5A can be used, provided the cells are not allowed to exceed 80C, but I think in most cases Mooch uses 60C as his cut off for safety. So, staying at or under 31.5A and under 80C, or perhaps under 60C would be even better, should mean that usage should be safe for these, right? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Sorry for the wall of text. Im just trying to make sure my understanding is as good as it can be. Can never be too safe with these things, right?

ArazelEternal

• Mar 19, 2019
    Madison, WI
    Big question, were your P26A genuine?

Just as we always know, everything desirable you get fakes.

As runtime should decrease as capacity is lost due to cell aging.
    I’m assuming they were. I buy all my batteries from imrbatteries.com. It is one of the sites listed by Mooch as being one that can be trusted to have genuine cells.

ArazelEternal

• Mar 19, 2019
    Madison, WI
    Tbh i wouldnt play with battery temperatures like that because to you it might seem warm on the outside and you think its prob not 80c yet while in reality its already at 80c you just cant feel it through the thickness
    Id say stay at the CDR and below and itll be always safe dont even go by the pulsing amps , my imo tho
    I dont trust the way the mod feels to tell me what I really need to know about the battery temp. If I feel I have a reason to, I will pop the battery out to feel how warm it is.

Often times when I get new batteries, and especially if I think I am pushing their safe amperage (CDR), I will pop them out now and then after chain vaping to see how much they have warmed up, at least until I get used to how the cells act.

Reactions: The60WattGUY

JenniferFerrell

Moved On
    Apr 12, 2023
    • Deleted by Misty

Users who are viewing this thread