Hive coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I now have NI200 wire which I use to build coils for temperature control. It’s 30ga (that’s what they had in my local vape shop, I’m waiting for thicker wire that I’ve ordered), and I don’t like building coils with such a thin wire, so I thought I could twist them together in the same manner, which I did. Unfortunately my iStick Pick didn’t recognize the twisted NI200 coils, it just showed 0 Ohm, even though I made absolutely sure that it wasn’t shorting anywhere. I built 3 NI200 twisted coils until I gave up. Are twisted NI coils incompatible with TC? But even so, it should have showed more than 0 resistance, shouldn’t it? It’s confusing, since the twisted KA1 coils were a breeze to install (no TC though). Any ideas?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well did it read on your ohm's reader? Did you use your ohm's reader? I guess there might be something funky with the resistance, or your build isn't attached securely. Did you calculate out your build with steam engine first?

Coils should read on the mod in any mode, but since it's all nickel (I think that's what you are saying) you can only VAPE them in TC.

Also, define "twist them together in the same manner"?? I have no idea what that means.

Or just post a pic of your build, that might help.

Anna

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Well did it read on your ohm's reader? Did you use your ohm's reader? I guess there might be something funky with the resistance, or your build isn't attached securely. Did you calculate out your build with steam engine first?

Coils should read on the mod in any mode, but since it's all nickel (I think that's what you are saying) you can only VAPE them in TC.

Also, define "twist them together in the same manner"?? I have no idea what that means.

Or just post a pic of your build, that might help.

Anna
I meant twist 4 of them together, in the same manner as these Hive coils the thread is about. There’s a picture on my very first post on this thread, and someone posted a video on how to build them, it’s quick and easy to do.
I’m sure the contacts very good, especially since there are 4 wires twisted together, it would be very strange if not one of them made contact.
I do have an Ohm meter, unfortunately it’s not precise enough for these smaller values, but I could have used it to check if it measures anything at all...maybe I’ll try again

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread