Hints, Tips, and Tricks on Maintaining HV Atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
After trial and error...I never use a cleaning agent of any kind on 510 atomizers. The only thing I do is stand them on a paper towel w the battery interface end "up" for 24 hours...and after that I maybe clean the immediate inside of the cylinder out with a kleenex...and then put back to use. Atomizers that I have maintained this way have lasted over 4 months....others I have used cleaning agents on have never lasted more than a month.

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
After trial and error...I never use a cleaning agent of any kind on 501 atomizers. The only thing I do is stand them on a paper towel w the battery interface ent "up" for 24 hours...and after that I maybe clean the immediate inside of the cylinder out with a kleenex...and then put back to use. Atomizers I have maintained this way have lasted over 4 months....others I have used cleaning agents on have never lasted more than a month.

Im gonna have to try this...I have recently been having bad luck with the cleaning thing also...Thanks
Drew

gk7319

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
IL
After trial and error...I never use a cleaning agent of any kind on 510 atomizers. The only thing I do is stand them on a paper towel w the battery interface end "up" for 24 hours...and after that I maybe clean the immediate inside of the cylinder out with a kleenex...and then put back to use. Atomizers that I have maintained this way have lasted over 4 months....others I have used cleaning agents on have never lasted more than a month.

Just curious, have you tried Sattec's Crest Pro Health Blue method? I am new to this but am thinking of trying on some old semi-clogged attys.

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
Just curious, have you tried Sattec's Crest Pro Health Blue method? I am new to this but am thinking of trying on some old semi-clogged attys.

No, I haven't tried that particular solvent. I have tried the EverClear, vinegar, coke..yada, yada...no luck. Often times I actually put a drop or two of liquid on and around the bridge before I let it drain..it seems to work. The logical explanation is that "like dissolves like".

Well, if you try the Sattec's Crest stuff...you will have to let us know what your findings are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread