• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Higher resistance DCT cartomizer suppliers in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredSpencer

Sep 27, 2011
Leeds, UK
I have a TW Torpedo (Lavatube by another name, I believe) and some dual coil tanks. The cartomizers in these tanks are rated at 1.5 ohm. I have found a US site that sells 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 ohm cartomizers, manufactured by Smok, that are for these tanks but would just like to ask if anyone knows of a UK supplier of them? As you will gather I've had no luck finding one and any help would be appreciated.

FredSpencer

Sep 27, 2011
Leeds, UK
Ecigwizard/UK Eliquid have them in the full range of ohms if these are the Smoketec ones you're after Fred. :)

Pre-punched Dual Coil Cartomiser

Pre-Punched Dual Coil Cartomisers — UK-Eliquid

Thanks very much perpetua (sounds very formal, are you a perp for short? ;)). Neither site had the 2.0 ohm ones in stock but I've ordered the 2.5 and 3.0 ohm ones from ECigWizard and one of their Olympian tanks. They look the same as the ones I've got but just in case the cartomizers are wrong I'll at least have one tank they work with. Also ordered some flavours and an adapter - funny how these things always add up. :D

perpetua

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
Lol Fred . . . it never actually stops at buying just what you actually require does it! :D

Always some ' must have ' vaping widget to add to our shopping carts! 2012 was my year for
exercising a little restraint in my vaping expenditure, so far I've failed miserably!!! Still
tobacco was never this much fun was it!

Glad you got sorted, even if it wasn't all what you were specifically after lol . . . and Perp/Perpy
is good by me . . . although I answer to most things really. :D

Happy Vaping to you.

FredSpencer

Sep 27, 2011
Leeds, UK
. . although I answer to most things really. :D

Hello Most Things, ;)

Well, my stuff arrived today. Very impressed with the speed of delivery, it's just a pity neither of the cartomizers were labelled. I couldn't tell which was 2.5 and which was 3.0 ohms just by looking at them. :mad: I've tried a dry fit with them in the DCT carcases and they seem to fit just fine (they look exactly the same as the 1.5 that came with the DCT). I've also tried both of them with the same flavour liquid just as cartomizers and think I've sorted one from t'other by how low they will go on the voltage scale on the Torpedo before they stop producing vapour and flavour. It's a pity the 2.0 ohm weren't available as I think either the 2.5 or 2.0 would probably be best in terms of allowing the greatest spread of voltages. Ideally I would think one at 2.25 ohm would give the best of everything for a mod operating between 3 and 6 volts.

Once again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

perpetua

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
My pleasure Fred . . . glad you were able to work out which was what!

It would have seemed sensible to have labelled them, perhaps ECW figure we've all got a multi meter?

Maybe worth an ask to see when stocks of the 2ohm will be back in, or you could sign up for an email
notification when they are.

Happy Vaping!

Most Things. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread