Hi :) What's a girl to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil_Nugget

Aug 21, 2018
A little about me....I've been vaping since '08 ish. Back when the only way to vape was with the stick and tanks with the wicks. I actually quit smoking with one of those. I love it now because I'm a nerd and plan on quitting smoking once again and for good. I've smoked long enough, ya know?

SO my new favorite is the Smok TFV12 prince and baby prince tank. I started with the Stick Prince starter kit because of the tank. Not the glass though. I've gone thru many new tanks because mine likes to fall over and break the tank. TIP: Gorilla Glue works to seal cracks in a tank. Surprised myself with that McGyver trick.

Now to the HELP NEEDED, I got my new tank and was prepping the atomizer. I cleaned everything and got the stick part a tad wet and now it doesn't work. I've got two complete tanks and no stick. It charges, but it won't fire.

What's a girl to do?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! Unfortunately the girl is gonna need to buy a new mod. If the stock got wet and now won't fire it may have just shorted out. I'm assuming it got wet with juice. When that dries it'll leave a residue behind and kill the mod.

The good news is you still have the 2 tanks so buying a mod alone is a bit cheaper than a new kit. Granted that's looking at it as the glass half full, but you go with the best you've got.

Good luck!

Lil_Nugget

Aug 21, 2018
Hi and welcome! Unfortunately the girl is gonna need to buy a new mod. If the stock got wet and now won't fire it may have just shorted out. I'm assuming it got wet with juice. When that dries it'll leave a residue behind and kill the mod.

The good news is you still have the 2 tanks so buying a mod alone is a bit cheaper than a new kit. Granted that's looking at it as the glass half full, but you go with the best you've got.

Good luck!

I've been looking all day for just the stick and can't find it anywhere! If you know of somewhere please share! If I buy a new set I will then have THREE tanks and one stick. Harrumph

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've been looking all day for just the stick and can't find it anywhere! If you know of somewhere please share! If I buy a new set I will then have THREE tanks and one stick. Harrumph
Is there some reason you are only looking for a stick mod? Box mods are much more stable and seldom fall over.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have to go with @Letitia on this one. Sticks are almost sold as a kit. Granted you'd then have 3 tanks, but that means you could have 3 different flavors you can rotate through each with its own juice.

The other issue is you should have a backup in in case something like this happens again. Not having the ability to not vape while waiting on a new mod can be a problem if you really need that nic and potentially think about smoking again. But if you do get an additional stick for backup you'll have 4 tanks. If that keeps going tanks will be breeding like rabbits

You really should consider a small box mod you can mount your various tanks on. You could even get an additional stick for your backup if you like the form factor.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and yes, gorilla glue is not a suitable material for fixing anything which comes into contact with your vape. If you don't sniff glue, you don't want to vape glue. Oh, I've had a couple setups break recently and been sorely tempted to use superglue on them as I feel it would "fix" my problem, but then I don't know what problems might occur down the line etc. So I've held myself back.

You can use glue on your mod in certain places, but nothing to do with tanks.

I doubt you'll find a stick style vape that suits your wattage needs as a standalone, but I'm going to say (like everybody) that unless you totally despise the form factor, a variable wattage box mod is going to be better in almost every way, less tipping over, removable batteries so if your battery dies (that may be what happened to your smok stick) you can insert a fresh pair of batteries and just vape, once you've exhausted the sets you have.

If you want durability, there are several mod makers who make pretty durable mods, my favorite at the moment is the Geekvape Legend. It is heavy but rarely if ever topples over, it's water resistant, shock proof and won't break if you drop it. Ironically (I am hard on my mods) it is the one mod I have yet to drop and the handfeel is great making up for the size.

I might just try some non Smok things, generally, because Smok doesn't have the greatest reputation for longevity and QC. But you can poke around the boards, look at some of the vendor sites (usually those may have better pricing and availability than the brick and mortar stores and if you need something fast, you may be able to find a great deal on something that really suits your needs). Best of luck and welcome.

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
A little about me....I've been vaping since '08 ish. Back when the only way to vape was with the stick and tanks with the wicks. I actually quit smoking with one of those. I love it now because I'm a nerd and plan on quitting smoking once again and for good. I've smoked long enough, ya know?

SO my new favorite is the Smok TFV12 prince and baby prince tank. I started with the Stick Prince starter kit because of the tank. Not the glass though. I've gone thru many new tanks because mine likes to fall over and break the tank. TIP: Gorilla Glue works to seal cracks in a tank. Surprised myself with that McGyver trick.

Now to the HELP NEEDED, I got my new tank and was prepping the atomizer. I cleaned everything and got the stick part a tad wet and now it doesn't work. I've got two complete tanks and no stick. It charges, but it won't fire.

What's a girl to do?
Welcome to ecf.
Have you tried both tanks and neither one works at all? When you say 'a little wet' just a couple of drops or was it in water?
Could be that the bottom of the tank when the pin connects to the 510 pin on the mod isn't quite making a connection. That would explain it not firing suddenly. Check to see if both tanks do not work. If one works then come back and ask how to adjust the pins for connection.

:)

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread