Hi - New from Durham, been vaping 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Great to find this forum! My name's David (or Dave if you prefer) and I'm originally from Newcastle but now living "downstream" in Durham.

I'm 41 and have always been a light smoker. Maybe about 10 per week (a LOT more on a night out in Newcastle!).

I bought a Blu Starter Kit from ASDA for £8 two months ago and loved it. Soon I realized the limitations of the Blue Starter kit, so bought a Blue Pro Ego Kit (900mah battery and a pretty decent clearomizer). ......... never been tempted to touch an 'analogue' ciggie since. :)

Since then I've bought a few other Ego units - a Hoxton that is pretty good, although the battery goes in no time. ....and a really good JAC clearomizer.

However, I still find the Blue ego battery and clearomizer to be the best of all. The JAC is lovely - especially made of steel - but there's just no resistance at all when inhalling. The Blue has a great resistance and feels like drawing on a cigarette.

I've got some questions about PG / VG but I'll keep them out of this intro, and post seperately about them!

Look forward to getting to know you fellow vapers!

David

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi Dave.

Welcome and congratulations. :)

Blu are a tobacco company and most of their kit is dreadful (and pricey). I am one of many who find their presence in the e-cig market suspicious to say the least, as they are supporting the EU TPD 2016, which effectively bans refillable e-cigs. I suspect they are lining up for the day when only single-use products will be legal.

and JacVapour... well, I fell out with them years ago. As you were a light smoker (and guessing light vaper) then you won't need to know the mark-up they put on their products.

anyway, now I've depressed everyone, I'll just say a big Hi :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf DavRog. Nice to meet you and so glad that you are here. Just a wonderful place to be. Congrats on the vaping. Sure wish I could say that was all that I smoked for so many years. :D Always some pretty wonderful people here that can help with anything. I know. I still need lots of it.

Have fun and make yourself at home.

Thanks for all the rest of the welcomes folks - much appreciated!

Hi Dave.

Welcome and congratulations. :)

Blu are a tobacco company and most of their kit is dreadful (and pricey). I am one of many who find their presence in the e-cig market suspicious to say the least, as they are supporting the EU TPD 2016, which effectively bans refillable e-cigs. I suspect they are lining up for the day when only single-use products will be legal.

and JacVapour... well, I fell out with them years ago. As you were a light smoker (and guessing light vaper) then you won't need to know the mark-up they put on their products.

anyway, now I've depressed everyone, I'll just say a big Hi :)

That's interesting - I didn't know that Blu were linked to a tobacco company and that they're supporting the directive to stop refillable e-cigs. Bah! .... Won't be buying their stuff any more! (Although I have to admit I've found no better clearomizer (yet) than their new Quadromizer.

Can you recommend a good clearomizer (510 / ego) available in the UK? Preferably one like the Blu, where there's a decent resistance when you inhale. The JAC Vapour is poor on that score - there's no resistance whatsoever when you inhale. Unless you block 2 airholes, in which case it heats up like a bar of Uranium! :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
That's interesting - I didn't know that Blu were linked to a tobacco company and that they're supporting the directive to stop refillable e-cigs. Bah! .... Won't be buying their stuff any more! (Although I have to admit I've found no better clearomizer (yet) than their new Quadromizer.

Can you recommend a good clearomizer (510 / ego) available in the UK? Preferably one like the Blu, where there's a decent resistance when you inhale. The JAC Vapour is poor on that score - there's no resistance whatsoever when you inhale. Unless you block 2 airholes, in which case it heats up like a bar of Uranium! :)

The Blu hardware is seemingly the same as Kanger (Kangertech, from China). What is the name of the JacVapour one? I bet it's identical to something from Aspire or Kanger too. (I will stop banging on about these companies one day.. LOL :) )
Are you after something with a tighter draw then?

Another new member (and fellow Brit) here, though I've been vaping a while now.

Re the clearomizers, you really can't go wrong with the Aspire Nautilus original (5ml capacity - get it while the EU lets you!) or the Aspire Nautilus Mini. These both have adjustable airflow for the draw. Probably the best non-rebuildable tanks out there atm. Construction and durability are superb and they fit anything with a 510 connector. While you're about it, be sure to stock up on the BVC coils for these clearos - all available very reasonably from Aspire's own website:

Aspire Nautilus Mini Tank Clearomizer (BVC Coil)
Aspire Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC) 5 piece

The Nautilus Mini's capacity is just 2ml, so just within the permitted capacity set by the TPD, so you might be safer with that in the long run.

Good luck!

Chen sfn

Unresolved Status
Apr 29, 2015
www.alandental.com
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread